TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey folks !!! Let's start a fun one for those TFP quotes that hammered it home like no other. I'm not talking about 'Stay out the pool store', I'm talking about the game 7 walkoff home runs. If someone took you deep, post it up.

To start off, I'll throw 3 out there :

'When I get out of a chlorone pool, I feel I need a shower. When I get out of a salt pool, I feel like I already showered' @Jimrahbe

'I have tools I would replace when I got around to it and I have tools I would replace that day. The smartstir is the latter' @jseyfert3

'The 3 filter styles are like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate but for pools. All three get you to the store just fine' @pooldv.

Last edited:
Quotes “allegedly” overheard in a pool store.

Don’t worry about your CYA at 200 ppm, that’s fine.

You need 5 different types of algaecide to kill every type of algae.

No, this copper algaecide will not cause you any problems.

You need to add pH up to raise your pH and then you use muriatic acid to lower the TA.

You should expect to get algae at least once a week.

I understand that you are frustrated that you have had to spend over $500.00 and your pool is still green, but that’s perfectly normal. Your total for today is only $175.00; will that be cash, check or charge?

You can’t expect to have clear water without using clarifier.

Trichlor tablets don’t contain any cyanuric acid and won’t raise your CYA levels.

This bottle of test strips will be all you need to test your water at home as long as you bring in a sample at least once a week so that we can test your water with our super-duper spinning electronic computerized water testing gizmo.

Reactions: Decoy205
"Algaecides work better as a preventative than as a cure in the same way that Lysol stops the spread of germs, but drinking it won't cure a cold." @Richard320

"A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!" @Richard320

Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the heck home. But you know the best thing about pain? It lets you know you're not dead yet!

Master Chief Urgayle!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"I feel the need, the need for speed!" Can't help it folks, we are off to see Maverick kick the tires and light the fires!!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
In the 2007 "Pool Water Chemistry" Thread. He sure did...🤪

I accidently wandered in here myself and I think I got a Brian aneurysm.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.