Not using the pool this coming season!

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
I am going to start by saying no one was hurt. We had a house fire. So we are going to be out of our house for until Fall(hopefully.) With that being said is there anything I can do to my pool so that if we still use it in 2021 it will be ready? I am hoping when everything is said and done we might be able to install a small in-ground pool. But I just don't want a green mosquito breeding vessel sitting in my yard.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

To keep a pool of water from becoming a green mosquito breeding vessel you have to regularly dump liquid chlorine into it. Will you or someone be around the pool every day or two?

You can drain the water from the pool and declare the pool another casualty of the fire.

Reactions: Biggt53
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

To keep a pool of water from becoming a green mosquito breeding vessel you have to regularly dump liquid chlorine into it. Will you or someone be around the pool every day or two?

You can drain the water from the pool and declare the pool another casualty of the fire.
Sadly the fire wasn't near the pool. It is quite windy at my house and I fear draining it might compromise it. At the cost of it I might just drain it and figure a way to cover the area. Then hopefully next season I'll either replace or look into the inground option. Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for letting us know everyone was okay. I am sorry for your misfortune :(

I would sell it and buy a new/used one when you are able to get back into the house AND swim as your pool time up there is kind of short so even once you get back in the house your season will be done :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.