Not Sure Where to Start - Or What We Are Doing Wrong

welp,
I just got home from a long day. Oh well.... thats how it goes sometimes.

Well I have a pentair SWG IC40 but I dont have an Easy touch so I dont know if the ET has an off button or 0 output or not.

There isnt an OFF button on the cell itself, and the lowest you can tune the output at the cell is 20%. If I want to turn mine off, I just unscrew the power cable that leads from the cell to the bottom of the Power Box. Just unscrew it and pull it out. Works like a charm.

You're doing good Po. Keep the FC up as often as possible. Its looking better!

Yep we all have those long days sometimes. I actually don't think our buttons Re working. You can push them and nothing changes [emoji16].

I found the plug to the box, but it says to turn off the main power before unplugging the box and I don't know how todo that [emoji53]

My husband doesn't come home Monday nights so he is t here to ask about that and in cAse you all can't tell, I'm extremely worried about messing something up ;-)

FC was 29 this morning.

Better safe than sorry! Above all else do NOT mess anything up LOL

You are learning so much. I hope you stick around when you are done to help others. I think it is fun even if I am just being a cheerleader!

Kim

The clarity in the deep end looks about the same. We got home really late tonight. The FC was 19.5 so I added more bleach. Honestly, I'm not sure if the SWG Is working correctly in the first place. Pressing the buttons on the cell doesn't lower the percentage like it's supposed to. I think I might need to get our PB out to check everything out. [emoji15]

I teach school in Texas and it's as than two weeks from the STAAR test. Busy time to be in the middle of a SLAM [emoji12]

Hi Lisa, this is my first post but I've been using TFPC for a long time - and it has given me the confidence to fire our PB this week after getting really frustrated that they aren't maintaining the PH, CYA, TA, Salt, Filter or really anything. I've had 2 algae outbreaks in the 2 years since we moved in - one because the filter was clogged enough that the SWG was showing "Low Flow" and therefore chlorine dropped to zero when I was on a business trip, and the other when the salt dropped really low after heavy rains, and again the SWG couldn't make chlorine.

When the SWG is connected to the Easytouch, the buttons on the SWG don't do anything. The SWG output percentage is controlled by the Easytouch. Do this:

On the EasyTouch (or your EasyTouch remote control) go to Menu->Settings->Intellichlor and then you can set the output percentage to 0% on pool mode. Don't choose "Enable: No" because that doesn't actually turn it off, it just disconnects the control between the EasyTouch and the IC40.

Also, regarding the pressure increasing when your booster pump is running - Maybe the Easytouch is programmed to run the main pump at a higher speed when your booster pump is running, and that is causing the filter pressure to be higher? If you want to see the IntelliFlo pump speed while it is running, go to Menu->Settings->Intelliflo->Pump #1->Status

What grade do you teach? I teach Kindergarten (30 yrs!) Our "big" kids are in the middle of their testing :( The littles will take their test in about 3 weeks.

It will be interesting to see what your PB says about the swg.

Right now just work on getting the pool clear with filtering and bleach. You are going to NEED to flout with a drink in your hand after the testing is done!

Kim

Kim

Hi Po

I have posed a question in another part of the form on how to ensure that either the output is either 0 or how to turn the thing off. I know there are lots of folks on TFP with this set up, so hopefully someone will chime in on that thread.

The clarity in the deep end looks about the same. We got home really late tonight. The FC was 19.5 so I added more bleach. Honestly, I'm not sure if the SWG Is working correctly in the first place. Pressing the buttons on the cell doesn't lower the percentage like it's supposed to. I think I might need to get our PB out to check everything out. [emoji15]

I teach school in Texas and it's as than two weeks from the STAAR test. Busy time to be in the middle of a SLAM [emoji12]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is a big task for sure! I HATE testing my Kindergartners. They take the test on the computer! We have to teach them to scroll and click a mouse! UNREAL! At least we give 4 different tests throughout the year so by the end of the year they are pros at it!

Kim

Ok, sooooo I think we've turned a corner today! I followed the information on the SWG and the easy touch and BAM! SWG green lights are OFF!

This AM FC was 24.5, And for grins, I tested TC and it was .5 or less because it changed with one drop!

This afternoon, we got to 49 drops and ran out. (It might be in the mailbox, but I've lost my key, so will have to wait until he checks the mail. It might have taken one or two more drops, to be completely clear. Not as big of a drop as a previous two days so tomorrow will be a good test with the SWG off.

I didn't have a chance to check the control panel for the pump info, because I was home for 45 minutes and had to backwash, brush, empty skimmers, get out some leaves, test water, turn cleaner and filter on since not running on recirculating during the day. THEN had to get daughter to volleyball - can you say tired?

Thanks Dave and Carl!!

Carl, I may be picking your brain more when I get this algae cleared up since it seems like we have similar systems.!!

Thanks!!! Pool is looking better, deep end still a little grayish. Anxious to see what happens with SWG off!

Have a great evening my new friends!

Hi Po!
This is GREAT news! Especially the CC test only taking 1 drop to clear! We are getting close, close, close!

Sorry you're so tired, but do a happy dance anyway!
:party:

If you had some more regent, I would say do a OCLT test tonight just to see where you are on that. But that can wait till you get your drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Carl,
I didnt see your post earlier about this. I just want to say THANK YOU for chiming in and helping out!!!

Hi Lisa, this is my first post but I've been using TFPC for a long time - and it has given me the confidence to fire our PB this week after getting really frustrated that they aren't maintaining the PH, CYA, TA, Salt, Filter or really anything. I've had 2 algae outbreaks in the 2 years since we moved in - one because the filter was clogged enough that the SWG was showing "Low Flow" and therefore chlorine dropped to zero when I was on a business trip, and the other when the salt dropped really low after heavy rains, and again the SWG couldn't make chlorine.

When the SWG is connected to the Easytouch, the buttons on the SWG don't do anything. The SWG output percentage is controlled by the Easytouch. Do this:

On the EasyTouch (or your EasyTouch remote control) go to Menu->Settings->Intellichlor and then you can set the output percentage to 0% on pool mode. Don't choose "Enable: No" because that doesn't actually turn it off, it just disconnects the control between the EasyTouch and the IC40.

Also, regarding the pressure increasing when your booster pump is running - Maybe the Easytouch is programmed to run the main pump at a higher speed when your booster pump is running, and that is causing the filter pressure to be higher? If you want to see the IntelliFlo pump speed while it is running, go to Menu->Settings->Intelliflo->Pump #1->Status

Oh yes, I am doing a happy dance!! [emoji1]

Carl, you were right, the pump is set at VS depending on what is on a spa, cleaner, water feature, etc

Speaking of water feature. . . . It hasn't been ran since last summer. We usually only run it when people are over and swimming. Could there be algae anywhere in it? Should I be turning it on some too? It's a rock water fall. The spa spills over into the pool so that water filters through the fountain.

There are some small piles of dirt in the spa, I brush it up and it is getting less as it spills over but I can't seem to get it all out. We don't have a manual vacuum and I'm not sure the Polaris would fit in it so I was wondering if I turned the spa on and let it bubble up would that help stir up more of the dirt so it would also spill over or if anyone has any other suggestions. I've tried using the leaf rake, but it just can't get in the crevices on the floor either. And it's just too cold to get in and scoop - lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.