Not sure where to ask but how do I get the black mold out of my tile caulking

May 6, 2018
Bloomington IN
Title says it all. I have mold or what ever it is on my tile grout and between the grout and tiles. Looks like it goes kinda deep. Scrubbing it does nothing.

Thinking of squirting liquid chlorine on it with a syringe.

If all else fails I bought a tube of caulking but might be a real pain to tear out the old and put in new.

I guess treatment will depend on whether it’s algae or mold, dead or alive, etc.

If it’s mold/mildew, try an application of boric acid if you have any - it is fungicidal but also benefits the pool water. If it’s just stained from prior mold and doesn’t respond to chlorine or boric acid, I believe there is a chalk paint you can freshen it up with.

I did a lot of searching. Should have did that first before I asked. I will try the acid wash and bleach wash approach.
It only grows during the winter months when the pool is closed. I was closing my pool in early october late september here when the water is still warm. Will keep it going longer till the water reaches 60 degrees on its own to help maybe prevent the above water mold mildew and to prevent my pool from turning into a swamp.

Thanks all. Will post a picture if I can figure it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.