North Jersey Installer

sagosto

May 28, 2019
Mahwah, NJ
I am ready to have my new Pentair VSF/IC60/IntelliConnect installed and wired up but I literally cannot find a single installer willing to do the work. They are either swamped with pool openings, not considering any new clients, or don't want to install equipment they didn't sell to me. Is there a list of qualified installer by region somewhere?

Call around to electriican/handyman's. Nothing there requires a pool person. Just requires an electrician who can do some PVC work.

I don't know what you are doing with your project.

Do you have all the equipment?

Were you planning a DIY install?

It helps for whoever is installing the IntelliCenter to have an understanding of pool automation systems. You were not planning on doing it yourself? All the information to install it is in the Installation manual.

I don't know what you are doing with your project.

Do you have all the equipment?

Were you planning a DIY install?

It helps for whoever is installing the IntelliCenter to have an understanding of pool automation systems. You were not planning on doing it yourself? All the information to install it is in the Installation manual.

Replace pump w/ Pentair VSF
Replace Jandy SWG w/ Pentair IC60
Install IntelliConnect to connect to new VSF/IC60 and existing heater and both relays to pool lights and spa bubbler

I have all products. I guess I assumed only pool folks who install it as they would be most familiar but I guess it should be straight forward for a handy person.

Ah, IntelliConnect. That is an easy install by anyone who can follow simple wiring instructions.

Find a handyman and toss him the equipment with the manuals.

Reactions: sagosto
Ah, IntelliConnect. That is an easy install by anyone who can follow simple wiring instructions.

Find a handyman and toss him the equipment with the manuals.

I am not handy but it doesn't seem overly complicated. With that said, North Jersey (e.g. Bergen) is notorious for sketchy contractors. My pool guy can do the Pentair VSF and IC60 so I can open the pool and I can deal with the IntelliConnect when installers are more readily available. Does the VSF and IC60 w/o IntelliConnect allow me sufficient ability to tune the proper time and RPMS? I thought there are some limitations when using them in isolation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.