Normal pressure 25psi with clean filters

VS would help for sure but I get the rice point. Especially now.

If you were in Atlanta I would give you a 1.5HP Hayward super pump, I replaced mine with a VS last year

If it were my pool and my weird engineering brain I would fix all the plumbing and make it simple. That might help some.

Also can you remove the insides of a DE filter? Not sure if that's possible but would be curious what the pressure does then.

Or

I'll add that to the list when I re-plumb the pad. Curious though, that photo looks like it loops back in to the heater (double arrow R-B -> up over and back to singe red arrow supply.

And that's probably why I have a "rusty" film on my Polaris 280.

Last edited:
VS would help for sure but I get the rice point. Especially now.

If you were in Atlanta I would give you a 1.5HP Hayward super pump, I replaced mine with a VS last year

If it were my pool and my weird engineering brain I would fix all the plumbing and make it simple. That might help some.

Also can you remove the insides of a DE filter? Not sure if that's possible but would be curious what the pressure does then.

Or
I haven't run it without the elements, but with the new grids I'm not thinking it adds much.
I do think it's overpowered for all the 1.5", but I should do the math for turnover when in spa mode. I think the pressure rises in spa mode (due to the hot water?).
I hate the pad. I cannot easily remove the elements when I clean them. I know it's common, service never is a concern when they go in.

We have 3 boys, so there's really no good time to shut down. We host Christmas and New Years, and heat the pool for swimming. And the way the pool is constructed, Id really have to drain it below the returns to plumb it right (get at ground level for additional flow valves).

28 really should incorporate my Acid tee (to pool), Chlorine (to spa), and booster supply.

I like this setup:
img_2003-2-1.png

I don't think anyone has asked this yet but how many returns do you have going into the pool and what size are the eyeballs?

What is the pump model #?

Distance pool to pump?

I don't think anyone has asked this yet but how many returns do you have going into the pool and what size are the eyeballs?

What is the pump model #?

Distance pool to pump?
1 return in the spa
6 returns in the pool, not sure the size: threads are 2" so I beleive pipe is 1.5". Eyes range, but 2 are missing in deep end
At least 75' from pad to farthest as the crow flies, 85' min around the pool edge.

Pump: Jandy JEP2.0 | 2HP - SF: 1.10

Last edited:
1 return in the spa
6 returns in the pool, not sure the size: threads are 2" so I beleive pipe is 1.5". Eyes range, but 2 are missing in deep end
At least 75' from pad to farthest as the crow flies, 85' min around the pool edge.

Pump: Jandy JEP2.0 | 2HP - SF: 1.10

Is that 75 Ft? wonder if there is one 1 1/2 pipe running that far to the pool.
If so that might explain the high pressure?
Mine is 4 ft

Assuming full speed, the Jandy's operating point on your plumbing would be about 79 GPM @ 76 feet of head. This results in a plumbing curve of about 0.01215 which is slightly better than a typical 1.5" plumbing system. So everything is fairly consistent with what would be expected based upon your description.

Also, you shouldn't need to run at anywhere near full speed with that pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
with the VSP for this crazy setup what’s your thought for settings?
Trial and error is usually the best option. Set the RPM as low as possible but make sure that water is traveling over the top of the skimmer's weir door rather than around the edges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.