Nordic Encore LS pump issue (2 issues actually)

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
Hey everyone haven't been around much simply because the tub has been working great and we have just been enjoying it.

Unfortunately now I have 2 issues.

First pump #2 is no longer working. When I press the #2 jets on the CP it clicks like the pump is turning on I hear a hum for about 5 seconds then the pump clicks and seems to turn off. The screen still shows the pump running. At no time does the pump function and begin moving water. This is the secondary pump that runs just high speed. Pump #1 still works on both speeds.

Second for some time now (months) the jet near the bottom of the tub puts out constant what I assume are air bubbles. This on pump #1 and this jet runs no matter the speed of the pump and cannot be closed. Is this normal, is this an issue do I have air in the line somewhere? I should mention that no other jets exhibit this behavior only this one.

Tub is about 3 years old now and I purchased it secondhand a little more than a year ago.

No other issues with it.

TIA for any help or guidance you all care to share.

The bubbles are normal, and are the result of the ozone injection system.
The humming pump is likely a capacitor. This is located either under the rear motor cover or on the outside under a cap and is usually a bit bigger than a D battery with 2 wires on it. Find the specs printed on it and order a new one.
Bad bearings, obstructions, and leaking seals can cause capacitor failure, so verify the pump is otherwise in good working order. Good time to change your fuses while you're in there.
Post some pics of the circuit board, equipment area, and wiring diagram. I service all brands and am more interested in what's under the hood than what's on the fender, if you know what I mean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.