NorCal New Pool Build ( Tile ? 6/13 )

smmora

Aug 6, 2017
Tracy, CA
'm still waiting for the final drawing these are the preliminary

Changes from pics below -
changed steps from cake to going along the short side
should have umbrella spot on short bench, umbrella spot on either end of long bench
removed concrete will be doing paver deck

This got bumped to 104 ft = not sure on the rest
Pool Spec: 19'6" x 35'6", perimeter 94', 535 water surface area
Filter Model: AFM/JS-60 W/NVRLUBE BWV / SALtank
Pump and motor 1.65 variable speed w iQ Pump Control

*There are 3 returns, 1 skimmer, typically in the southeast corner where you are. The gunite is 8'' to 12'' inches thick depending on cove, wall, and beam. Sometimes even thicker in the coves depending on the depth. Meets or exceeds local codes/industry standards.

Payment breakdown ( doesn't say anything about inspections)
30% completion of excavation & structural rebar
30% completion of gunite structure
30% completion of masonry/concrete decking
9% upon placement of interior finish
1% completion of orientation

AA - EXCEPTIONAL PKG 1.0
Includes 3' to 6' deep , 80' perimeter, 20' of steps & love seats (max) Equipment within 20' of pool. ELECT.100' main run to panel, W/1 LED 50' cord light. White plaster, auto fill, skimmer, EQ-potential Bond grid, gfi receptacle
3' OF BROOM OR STAMPED FINISH CONCRETE CUSTOM CANTILEVER EDGE - asked to do minimal
SUSTAINABLE MEDIA FILTER W/VARIABLE SPEED PUMP
iQPUMP CONTROL FROM iPHONE OR ANDROID
LED LIGHT W/50' CORD
(2) DOOR ALARM (1) POOL SIDE ALARM - installation of all alarms and fences to code by owner.

NON-PACKAGE ITEMS
ADD - PERIMETER SIZE TO POOL 14.0
ELECTRIC- ADD L.E.D. light Color changing 1.0
12 volt UL listed underwater certified
EQ - ROBOTICS pool cleaning system 7240 1.0 - changed to 9450
SALINE WATER MANAGEMENT 1.0
SALT CELL GENERATOR W/CONTROLS
INTERIOR - AQUOS STONE Premium w/Abalone and Glass Bead 94.0
MASONRY - WATERFEATURE - DECK JETS' 3.0 - Installed with 20' plumbing and valve
MASONRY - Add trim GLASS tile to steps 30.0 - Add standard 1"x 1" penny tile or max size 2"x 2" tile to edge of steps

Attachments

• Torres Residence 2_015.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_015.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.10.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.10.28 PM.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Torres Residence 2d.jpg
    Torres Residence 2d.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Torres Residence 2_017.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_017.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Torres Residence 2_018.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_018.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Torres Residence 2_015 (1).jpg
    Torres Residence 2_015 (1).jpg
    530 KB · Views: 64
  • Torres Residence 2_012.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_012.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 63
  • Torres Residence 2_016.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_016.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 56
  • Torres Residence 2_014.jpg
    Torres Residence 2_014.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
First PDF is blank and 2nd is blurry. Generally though, your builder will mostly likely not change their terms. I would ask that the specific equipment you are getting (including model numbers) be put in the contract.

And I will add you are getting just the basic deck. It will not be enough. My builder put a set per sq foot price for additional decking.

And I will add you are getting just the basic deck. It will not be enough. My builder put a set per sq foot price for additional decking.

Another company is doing my pavers, so would I still need additional decking if they are just doing a 3' perimeter and the equipment pad
He did say when the concrete sub-contractor is here, if I wanted them to do anything else in my backyard - to request it while they are onsite and they'd probably give me a really good deal ( paying them directly )

Another company is doing my pavers, so would I still need additional decking if they are just doing a 3' perimeter and the equipment pad
He did say when the concrete sub-contractor is here, if I wanted them to do anything else in my backyard - to request it while they are onsite and they'd probably give me a really good deal ( paying them directly )

If you are going with pavers, why have any deck at all poured? Seems like it would save you money to skip the desk altogether. Not to mention the finished look with mixed concrete and pavers. No biggie sounds like your deck plan is under control.

If you are going with pavers, why have any deck at all poured? Seems like it would save you money to skip the desk altogether. Not to mention the finished look with mixed concrete and pavers. No biggie sounds like your deck plan is under control.

The PB recommended having the concrete because I wanted 3 deck jets along the back and then 3 sleeves along the long side for side for tiki torches/one side of volleyball - then 2 sleeves for basketball hoop/other side of volleyball
I just went with their recommendation, but it's why I wanted to post here before signing anything

I was thinking pavers can move but concrete can't

Looks really nice, great shape for your lot. If you possibly have plans for an outdoor kitchen or other features keep them in mind and discuss with PB so any pipes and power runs can be done while it is already a construction zone!!

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
they finished clearing and leveling
taking a lunch break then painting it out and starting the dig
I was so nervous when they were moving the play structure
couple of bad moments, but they got it done
I'm really happy I went with this company

WOW! I am just now finding this thread! You have already done a lot!!

So WHERE did they put the play structure? OVER the wall?????

List your equipment with the model numbers so we can look it all over and tweak as needed.

Kim:kim:

Right now the play structure is against the side yard fence, leaving it there until the pool is done - then squeeze it into the side yard
Its a little hard to see but theres a planter against the sound wall - to fit it through there they had to lift it over the planter
I should have took video - they almost toppled a few times

Filter Model: AFM/JS-60 W/NVRLUBE BWV / SALtank
Pump and motor 1.65 variable speed w iQ Pump Control

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/filters/js JS-60

Okay, it looked like they put it ON the wall! LOL Now that I look at it closer I can see it is right beside the wall. I bet it got everyone's heart rate up!!!

The filter medium- just so you know. Most of us use sand in our sand filters. Some have tried the glass. Only a couple have kept the glass that I know of. In the beginning it seems to work okay but over time it has been found to get "gummy" and almost impossible to get it clean without taking it out and "washing" it and even then it does not work as well as when new. Just a heads up. I LOVE my sand filter!!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.