Maricopa, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Went to check the pool this morning and the pump has no power. Checked the circuit breaker and it wasn't tripped. Any idea what else to check?IMG_20190313_133506.jpg

Tony,

The first thing to do is check the actual voltage you have coming into the pump...

If you have 220 volts AC at the pump, then the most likely problem is a bad control head.

If you do not have 220 volts at the pump, then you will need to check the output of the circuit breaker.. I "assume" you have nothing between the circuit breaker and the pump.. If you have an old timer or some junction box you will also need to test there.

When testing 220, always test between L1 and L2, never test between L1 and ground and L2 to ground and add the results.. This can give you a false reading.

Did you actually reset the breaker? I would try that first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: aztony
Tony,

The first thing to do is check the actual voltage you have coming into the pump...

If you have 220 volts AC at the pump, then the most likely problem is a bad control head.

If you do not have 220 volts at the pump, then you will need to check the output of the circuit breaker.. I "assume" you have nothing between the circuit breaker and the pump.. If you have an old timer or some junction box you will also need to test there.

When testing 220, always test between L1 and L2, never test between L1 and ground and L2 to ground and add the results.. This can give you a false reading.

Did you actually reset the breaker? I would try that first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the info. I did reset the breaker. Still nothing. Sorry to say I'm not how should I say, mechanically or even electrically inclined. I'll have to get someone to come out and do the voltage check. There's nothing between the pump and breaker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.