Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I have no power, no LCD, no nothing.

I checked that power was being delivered to the unit. I checked the 20amp fuse.

What else should I be looking for?

Attachments

• E423FD9B-03B8-4544-8D0F-618CCD10B40F.jpeg
    E423FD9B-03B8-4544-8D0F-618CCD10B40F.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 20
Hmmm, I have replaced a few thermistors and usually they look damaged and the power light is still on but not the chlorinating light.

Anyway, I trust you guys, so two thermistors on order from Amazon, hopefully should be here tomorrow.

Don’t forget the bleach!

I know!!! Fortunately I keep my FC hot so by the time I noticed there something was wrong no damage to the pool. I have enough LC to make it through tomorrow if they arrive in time. Otherwise its jug dumping for me. I now remember how much I hate having to get chlorine and adding every day.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It looks like maybe the transformer burned out.

See the black mark at arrow.

If you have 120 volts at the two power in terminals, check for 24 volts AC at the yellow wires coming out of the transformer.

1663453774015.png

Reactions: mknauss
@JamesW you have some seriously crazy good eyes.

On closer inspection the thermistor does look cracked. It looks worse in the picture that it does in person.

The discoloration that you see in the transformer is just because of the light. There is no burning there.

The transformed is putting out 24VAC when powered.

However, when I disconnected the power and measured the resistance I was getting 5.5 ohms

I am getting 32v DC across the black and red wires.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
However, when I disconnected the power and measured the resistance I was getting 5.5 ohms
That’s out of spec.

Were both readings the same?

Are you sure that your meter is good?

Do you get 0 ohms when testing lead to lead?

The display will still work with a bad thermistor, so it seems like more than just a cracked thermistor.

Jump the two thermistor legs together to see if that gives you a display, but leave the switch in the off position.

Try resetting the display board and checking for voltage on the pins.

1663512160885.png

So both reading were consistent.
However, my ohm meter is probably not accurate as I get a .8 ohm reading when I just touch the leads.
I still get 23.6VAC from the transformer

When I pull the DSP board out I get 4.9V DC across pins 1 and 4. Nothing across 1 and 3. Unless I and struggling to count.
None of the pins are bent and it is seated properly.

Jumping the thermistor does nothing.

I have ordered a new DSP board just in case.

So I measured again. There are 7 pins. Assuming 1 is the left most pin. There is almost 5v between 1-4, 1-5, 1-7. No voltage between 1-3.

All the new boards should arrive in a few days.

Reactions: JamesW
Well, Amazon says the main board should be arriving today.

I dont know how people live without a SWG. I had to go to Leslies yesterday to buy Chlorine. I have to test daily to make sure I put in enough. Its a real hassle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.