NO ACID?!

Actually I can go years without using any acid in our pool. The pH stays dead on 7.5 and we use bleach to chlorinate. I keep the FC at about 5 and the TA stays right at 80 ppm all the time. We're some of the lucky ones who's pool is in equilibrium.

I'm not saying your co-workers neighbor is that lucky with all the pools he tends, but it can happen on occasion.

Actually I can go years without using any acid in our pool. The pH stays dead on 7.5 and we use bleach to chlorinate. I keep the FC at about 5 and the TA stays right at 80 ppm all the time. We're some of the lucky ones who's pool is in equilibrium.

I'm not saying your co-workers neighbor is that lucky with all the pools he tends, but it can happen on occasion.

We’re lucky as well. Ever since learning about keeping TA lower years ago, usually about 70, I haven’t had to add acid since, even using a SWCG.

That said, I think the OP is describing some quack method of pool care.

Acid, in some form, is being added to water in Aliso Viejo, CA. The bulk water source for that area is from the Colorado River and/or the California Aqueduct. The TA level of that water will not allow for no acid addition with the large evaporation levels that occur.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.