Nitrate in pool water

No. Nitrates have no effect on pool water chemistry. Follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Take care.

No. There is no direct interaction between nitrates and chlorine. My nitrate levels are above 80ppm and I have very minimal FC loss even in the hot summer months.

Nitrates do act as an algae nutrient, like phosphates. However, in a clear, clean, and properly managed swimming pool, the nutrient levels won’t have much impact. It’s only in pools where the FC levels are allowed to drop or go to zero that high nutrient content pool will develop a fast algae bloom.

Follow TFP recommended levels and you can ignore nitrates and phosphates if you want.

No. There is no direct interaction between nitrates and chlorine. However, in a clear, clean, and properly managed swimming pool, the nutrient levels won’t have much impact. Follow TFP recommended levels and you can ignore nitrates and phosphates if you want.

Thank you.
The water has looked blue and clear with no algae for several months.

August test results from local, chain, pool supply store:
FAC: 5
TAC: 5
CH: n/a
CYA: 99
TA: 120
pH: 7.6
Cu: 0
PB: 0
TDS: 1,100
PHO: 0
Nitrate: 20

Latest test results from local, chain, pool supply store:
FAC: 10
TAC: 10
CH: n/a
CYA: 90
TA: 160
pH: 7.6
Cu: 0
PB: 0
TDS: 1,800
PHO: 0

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.