Newbie Pool owner

Airtight

May 24, 2021
Upstate New York
I recently had a 15x24x54 oval pool installed for my family. I assumed my ignorance would be the biggest hurdle, but could be resolved with persistent efforts to educate myself. I purchased a Taylor tech test kit and began reading the instructions before removing any other item from the box. You would think no big deal follow the instructions and you will be on your way. Well unfortunately for me I’m color blind, I have no clue what any of the colors are, or if they are changing. It all looks the same. My family was gone for the day so my wonderful wife who matches my clothes is not able to bail me out of this one. I just stopped the process at this point and went off to a pool store for a water test. I’m going to comb through the forum to look for a resolution to my chemistry concerns but hoping maybe someone knows of a testing kit for folks that are color blind. Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences.

You can’t control what you can’t control but going to the pool store would be my very very last resort. Can you ask a neighbor or perhaps a kid in your area to assist you for a small fee.... a beer for an adult, little pocket $ for a kid (like if you were paying a kid to cut your grass or shovel snow for you)?