Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
Hello, I am getting rid of my pool maintenance guy because they really do not do much and the cost can’t be justified. I am looking for the best water testing kit for a Fiberglass pool spa combo that is saltwater. I am color blind and was hoping to find an app driven test kit that will tell me my readings and what needs to be added to keep it right. I looked at a few online like waterguru sense 2 and the one Lesley has that is the at home test kit. Is the TFPro salt really the best route? Any input would be appreciated

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Easy answer - yes. The TF-Pro is a great kit. You want one of the TF-Series test kits that can be found HERE. As an alternate choice, you can shop for the Taylor K-2006C, but then you'll need other accessories, so be sure to compare kit sizes and cost. The TF-Series kits are very good options. Also see the link below. Hope that helps.

Do you know what kind of colorblindness you have? Would you be able to detect a color going from say, bright pink to totally clear? Or perhaps yellow to a dark brown/red?

I would think the test many colorblind people would have trouble with is the pH drop test.

. Is the TFPro salt really the best route?
Yes. And here's why.

There's 2 price tiers. The TF100 VS K2006 and the TFpro VS K2006*C*.

For the cheaper bracket, the TF100 is the hands down winner with 2.7X the supplies. A literal no brainer.

For the pricier bracket, the K2006C was 'commercial'. It has less FC/CYA tests that you'll do more often and more CH/TA tests that you won't. So you'll likely be replacing half of it early and throwing out the expired other half. So the TFpro gets the win for better supply amounts, catered to how we do it.

Then the TFpro includes a $48 stirring device that you really really want. Adding it to any of the other kits bumps their price. The difference in cost at that point between the TF100 + smart stir and the TFpro goes to the nicer TFpro case for a couple bucks. I've had both and while the TF100 was entirely functional, having the bottles lined up in order is SUPER nice to not have to fish around because they aren't organized in the TF100 case. For the price difference, you'll appreciate it time and time again.

Also, either TF kit is available with a SLAM option, which is great for newbs and/or those with swamps who will both be testing more often and might blow through the normal supplies for FC/CYA.

Also also, either TF kit is available in a salt version which bundles the $30 salt test kit for $20 more. What's not to love ?

Reactions: Bperry
My husband is color blind yet has an easier time than I differentiating between hues on the pH test. I haven't asked him about the others, but then again the others aren't as ambiguous IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.