New to variable speed

Hello32

May 9, 2022
California
So I want to switch to a variable speed pump this season. I found one at Home Depot which is a everbilt 1.5 hp for 799. Does anyone have any reccomendations? My pool is about 45,000 gallons, I have a salt cell and old cartridge filter.

Attachments

• 55589ACB-391C-4651-84FB-3A49511D4CFD.png
    55589ACB-391C-4651-84FB-3A49511D4CFD.png
    848.8 KB · Views: 9
I don’t have a recommendation but that’s a lot of water to pump. I need a new one soon to pump 25,000 and it’s going to be Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp 2 speed for like $500. Well it might be a $1,000 with inflation.

Post up some pics of your equipment pad and list your equipment. What are your pool measurements and depth? Why do you think your pool is 45k gallons? Is this confirmed as that is a rather large size for a residential pool? Most are in the 20k gallon range.

Reactions: Selenap
Biggest issue with purchasing a pump like that is what happens when there is an issue or part needed? A quick check online shows no parts available, even on Home Depot's site. Bad Amazon reviews for the brand. Apparently Home Depot would handle any warranty. Likely wouldn't be able to find someone to service it. Where is it made? Best to stick with a name brand. Best advice is from wireform. If you would like to save bit, a Hayward MaxFlo is a good choice. (The Hayward PowerFlo Matrix is a pump designed for above-ground pools, not for yours)

Reactions: Selenap
Post up some pics of your equipment pad and list your equipment. What are your pool measurements and depth? Why do you think your pool is 45k gallons? Is this confirmed as that is a rather large size for a residential pool? Most are in the 20k gallon range.
Indeed I have an agp. It’s not comparable with what you got. So really I’m useless. I was just missing 45,000 gallons is a lot of water. This went to the wrong spot and still no delete button. Sorry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.