New to the site - happy to be here :)

RalphD12

Silver Supporter
Apr 27, 2020
Columbus OH
Hey team!
2nd day member and my first post. Happy to be here - got here via subscribing to the Pool Math app, researched several and this one looks great. So while thinking about it as testing goes with that app ... the TF-100 test kit; is it recommended and worth it, or is it overvalued and overhyped?
Next - not a rookie pool owner, but not fully seasoned either. This will be our 4th summer with a 24 ft. above ground (circle) pool. I absolutely love it and happy with my purchase; was on the expensive side - resin rails and bottom rail, no regrets on it as I feel it's high quality and will last me for years. My 2 boys are now 20 and 18 years old... they won't let me take care of them much, so the pool has become my baby, and baby it - I do! I've had one recurring problem with this pool that I permanently solved last year; that will be for a different post as a help for folks, in the appropriate space.
I live in central Ohio and plan on opening Mother's Day weekend. With the Corona-Crud going on and the shelter in place orders, the pool is a healthy diversion... I think about it opening it daily - always nice to have something to look forward to. :)
Lastly - this may be the year we put a deck on, so I will take advice on that. Currently just using an A-frame ladder to access the beautiful water!

Hi Ralph and welcome to TFP! :wave: Well, I'll say this about the test kit .... YES! It IS worth the hype. I got my first TF-100 (in my signature) back in 2014 and never looked back. Great value, customer service, and easy to use. If you can , also get the magnetic speedstir. Greatest thing since twist-tops. :cheers: Great to have you on board. :swim:
Test Kits Compared

Welcome Ralph.

Out of the two top recommended test kits (TF-100 and Taylor K-2006), the TF-100 is the best value. The kit uses Taylor reagents. I too recommend the "Speedstir" for testing. It uses a magnetic pill to swirl the water while testing. I like them both so much, I even added them to my signature. If you buy both, you get into free shipping territory which makes the combo a good value. Think of the $100 cost as an investment for your "baby" that will return perfect water. The cost is nearly equal to a couple bottles of magic potions at the Pool $tore.

You're in good hands here.

Best wishes!

Reactions: monoptn
Thanks guys!
So it didn't take much convincing - ordered the TF-100 and stirrer today (after becoming a silver supporter). I do want to say there was a small problem with my order, and they recovered big time! Some businesses are just winners because of customer service, and I'm a big fan of TF test kits before even getting the product !

. I do want to say there was a small problem with my order, and they recovered big time! Some businesses are just winners because of customer service, and I'm a big fan of TF test kits before even getting the product !
Welcome Ralph ! I posted on somebody else's thread a while back to factor in the gravity of the well known product reputation here. Members get sent in a handful of directions over and over and over and over. Occasionally there is a problem, nobody is perfect, we all screw up. Vendors, manufacturers, delivery.... all have a human element to them. But those members who have a problem run right back to sing the praises of those handful of places, how quickly they made it right, and how happy they are. It just FURTHERS the already top notch reputation. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RalphD12
Also...... **cough** inyopools.com ** cough** Marina pools and spa. **Aaaaaa Chooo**.