New to TFP

Yikes, Well started adding bleach ( dosing to 12), early am , some cya still dissolving in pool ,and after 3 hrs
FC .5
CC 3
Do I take the socks out?

Yikes, Well started adding bleach ( dosing to 12), early am , some cya still dissolving in pool ,and after 3 hrs
FC .5
CC 3
Do I take the socks out?

What CYA level did you dose for? (how much did you add?)

Use : [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] : to find your shock FC level and use PoolMath to add that amount of liquid chlorine. Recheck in 30min

Cya dosed to 30, 88oz, ( didn’t get it all in yet) shock level to 12 .
so I should continue doing this SLAM? Looks like my CC is going up from previous number.

Cya dosed to 30, 88oz, ( didn’t get it all in yet) shock level to 12 .
so I should continue doing this SLAM? Looks like my CC is going up from previous number.

You definitely want to continue SLAM Process, and dose per your CYA/30. It won't show up in a test until ~24hrs or so (as long as the water is circulated)

More numbers:
1:45 TC 8.5
CC 0.5
needed to get more bleach.
4:00. TC 6.0
CC 0.5
Dosed to 12 again.

On another front, I have noticed that when I filter my spa, I am not getting much pressure through the jets. If I turn blower on, get good pressure. I don’t like to use that a lot, just too noisy !

I can call the pool guy, but sure he can’t come out for awhile. Any ideas.?

Ok at 7:15 TC 6.0
CC .05
so do I dose to 12 take a readimg before dark ,and then make sure that reading is not more then 1 less in the early am?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was real close early am, dosed until 11, then out for awhile. Came back to TC 4! Also see a few dark brown / yellow spots . Could this be metals... well water was added when opened.

So bad storms early am, didn’t get outside to get a sample. A few inches a rain so far, and looks like I need to get some water out when the rain stops. Then do I test the CYA to see if I lost the stabilizer I had put in, and keep on going?

A few inches of water pumped out will not have a significant impact. Calculate how much water that is, take your surface area of the pool and determine gallons per inch.

Take care.

After a successful SLAM completed on 5/29, I test FC and dose bleach each evening. Here are my full results today.
Is there anything I should be concerned about or keep an eye on? Again , thanks to all!
FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA110
CH 260
CYA 40

After a successful SLAM completed on 5/29, I test FC and dose bleach each evening. Here are my full results today.
Is there anything I should be concerned about or keep an eye on? Again , thanks to all!
FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA110
CH 260
CYA 40
For a plaster pool you CH is a little low for my taste, I would move it to around 300. But even that is not required or an emergency. Looks good!

Not sure why this did not post on may 27th , but this was after the successful SLAM.

Attachments

• 59D84F1C-27F5-433A-942C-00F8DC2090EE.jpg
    59D84F1C-27F5-433A-942C-00F8DC2090EE.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
Not sure if I should start a new thread,but....There were three tiles were off the pool under the spa spill over when we opened. Now there are 4 more off . Today when brushing, I knocked 2 tiles off inside the spa. Would this be due to age (almost 25 yrs old) or water chemistry? the plastic stripping under the cantilever deck is brittle and cracked in places. Any ideas what I can do now? I assume the water needs to be lowered below the repair, and we would not be using the pool for a time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.