New to Pools

Hi from Carribean Costa Rica, the Rainforest!
I just had a pool installed 2 days ago, and am putting in the surround this week, so hope to actually be in the pool the following week. I am already overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge I would like to have, and then I found this. I have hired a compnay to take care of it for the time being, as this climate is a challenge and almost no one here takes care of their own pools, but that is my eventual goal. The pool is 6m x 3.5, fibreglass, salt and chlorine. Not sure what else is useful information. i can provide specs on the machines. I'm looking forward to slowly gleaning knowledge, but as I am in the process of writing a book and abuilding a small hotel, it will have to be a slow glean. Thanks for creating this interesting forum!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: As you get used to being a pool owner, I would recommend going through the link's sub-articles below. It's a great resource. For your signature, see mine as an example. In your area, finding a suitable test kit might be a challenge, but we recommend the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. For clear, safe water, you'll want to try and get one of those for accurate testing. You can share with us what chemicals you have available in your area and we can help you with that as well.