funrunner

Apr 16, 2021
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just bought a house this winter and want to start using my pool. Interested in educating myself about my pool for long term maintainability. I was thinking about calling a pool service using my home warranty for a $75 service call and get them to teach me but a family member referred me to TFP. My first question is what filter do I have?

I got the FAS-DPD test but haven't used it.
I got my water tested at local pool store and got these results:
FC 15
TC 15
pH 7
TA 87
CH 503
Cyanuric Acid 93
Phosphates 3804
TDS 5000

They told me to start by draining and replacing my old water. In the process of draining today. Thought I might as well clean everything while its dry. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_8432.jpg
    IMG_8432.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 17
  • pool filter sticker.jpg
    pool filter sticker.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 17
F,

S7M120 cartridge filter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just bought a house this winter and want to start using my pool. Interested in educating myself about my pool for long term maintainability. I was thinking about calling a pool service using my home warranty for a $75 service call and get them to teach me but a family member referred me to TFP. My first question is what filter do I have?

I got the FAS-DPD test but haven't used it.
I got my water tested at local pool store and got these results:
FC 15
TC 15
pH 7
TA 87
CH 503
Cyanuric Acid 93
Phosphates 3804
TDS 5000

They told me to start by draining and replacing my old water. In the process of draining today. Thought I might as well clean everything while its dry. Any suggestions?
I would use your test kit double check the pool store results (since they are notoriously unreliable) before wasting too much water draining. The only thing that looks a little out of whack is maybe the Cyanuric acid level is a bit high. Draining a bit will help that but certainly not because of “old water”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.