New to Pools. Very High CYA

@mknauss Looks like you correct. Although I use the same email for both, the forum I created a login, and the app I used my Google login. Now I'm not sure how to merge the two:confused:
Can you email us at [email protected] and include your Google email address? I’ll get things merged but can’t just yet as I don’t see your Gmail address to access the account.

I'm a little late to this conversation. And I may have missed this, but did anyone mention to OP that when the FC is over 10 the pH test is inaccurate?
I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So recently there is this thin green film along some of the water line in parts of my pool when the water is off.

If I got it with a brush, it mixes into the surface of the pool, and only reapers after the filter turns off.

Is it algae or couldn't it be Florida pollen (my car has a green pollen film as well this time of year)20230206_174750.jpg20230206_174756.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's all over everything, it's in the pool too and it very well may only be pollen.

Anytime you suspect something may be brewing, Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. A clear water SLAM is always easier than a swamp SLAM and you'll appreciate having the upper hand in the battle.

Get some skimmer socks or hair nets to help collect the stuff & keep it out of your filter. Does your pool cleaner climb the wall & clean the waterline? I know mine helps with the pollen a ton - i am ocd & used to have to get that off the waterline every day because I couldn’t stand it but now I am like “oh, Robert 🤖 will get to that shortly!” Since I run him on a schedule daily.

Reactions: Padle
I had crazy oaks at my old place and spent a couple weeks each spring playing 'is it or isn't it ?'.

The OCLT is your friend and is free. The peace of mind is priceless and if there IS something brewing, getting the jump on it will retain your advantage in the battle.

My cleaner can scrub the walls, but I only set it for that once a week.

What happens though, is even after it's been scrubbed/cleaned once the filter goes off, a few hours later it reappears

Question about the hair net (which I used a few times) would it catch more pollen than the pool filter?

Question about the hair net (which I used a few times) would it catch more pollen than the pool filter?
That's debatable if enough crud is already caught, catching even finer crud in the hairnet. But changing hairnets is WAY easier than cleaning the filter.
What happens though, is even after it's been scrubbed/cleaned once the filter goes off, a few hours later it reappears
It's a never ending assault during pollen season. It starts collecting immediately after the last cleaning.

This is why I run the pool during the day/when I might be looking at it- I don’t care what happens at night when the pump is off cuz I ain’t looking 🤣
Also why Robert runs every day @ 9am.
When I am looking I want it to be clean!

Reactions: Padle

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.