Oak Island, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have had Hot Tubs and maintained for multiple years, and even owned an above ground pool in a rental unit I had, but never have maintained a pool. I now have a new Inground Fiberglass shell pool in my backyard and will be taking care of it myself. Attaching a picture that I took today as the landscaping was finally added around it yesterday so project complete. Looking forward to learning from all of you on this fantastic forum on how I can care for this in the best way.

Some Details:
Inground 12,000 gallon fiberglass shell pool.
Saltwater Hayward pump with Clorinator built in
Hayward Heatpump

Attachments

• 20230415_195512.jpg
    20230415_195512.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to TFP!!! :shark:

Cool pool!

Best place to start...get yourself a test kit --Link-->Test Kits Compared

While you are waiting for that head here --Link-->Pool Care Basics
Thank you for the quick response and the welcome. Great links to get started with for sure. I actually have a test kit. It is a Lamont ColorQ 2x. Used it today as a matter of fact with my son who manages a commercial pool. Helped me pick up chemicals I needed and got them added in today. So far, only trouble is getting the app to work properly so I am writing my own version of tracking in Excel with formulas to track how much chems to add. I have also downloaded the TSP PoolMath app and using the free version of it. Took a minute to figure it out, but I think I got everything loaded in. I like the recommendations, but they seem a bit low compared to the ANSI charts I am reading for balancing chemicals. I may post my results in PoolMath vs the Reference Manual and other online Resources I am comparing with including Pool and Hot Tub Association publications.

I like the recommendations, but they seem a bit low compared to the ANSI charts I am reading for balancing chemicals. I may post my results in PoolMath vs the Reference Manual and other online Resources I am comparing with including Pool and Hot Tub Association publications.
Welcome to the forum.
We follow TFPC levels. No need to post other organizations. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.
We follow TFPC levels. No need to post other organizations. Thank you.
Thank you @mknauss For this chart. I appreciate the pointer