New SWG Install

Beerfloater

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2020
North Carolina
I installed a new to me Blue Works Model LPH40-B-T. I got an awesome deal on it from a friend of mine. It is supposed to be for a pool up to 40,000 gallons. My pool is a bout 24,000 gallons. I have had it installed for about 2 weeks now, and it is working great! I have not added a drop of liquid Chlorine since the install. I currently have the generator set on 16% and my chlorine level stays right at 4 PPM . I started out with the generator set on 50% but my chlorine levels were as high as 10 to 14 PPM so I started to turn the dial down until I got to where the chlorine level is now. The only thing that seems weird to me is whenever the cell is generating it shows a negative amperage. I know it runs reverse polarity to clean the cell, but I have never saw a positive amperage shown on the display. Is it possible that I wired something wrong? Should I even be concerned about this since everything else seems to be working great?

I think that unit is "functionally" the same as my Hayward Aquarite. If this is correct, the ONLY thing you would have installed was the AC wires to the pump terminals and reversing the "polarity" on that (especially if 240 VAC) will not make any difference. The rest should have been plug in connectors (flow switch and SWG cable).

I'd suggest going to the website, but it is 404 right now.

The only thing that seems weird to me is whenever the cell is generating it shows a negative amperage. I know it runs reverse polarity to clean the cell, but I have never saw a positive amperage shown on the display.
It's probably a 3 hour cycle. Are you checking it after it has time to change polarities?

You can reverse polarity by moving the switch to Off for a minute and then back on.

I think that unit is "functionally" the same as my Hayward Aquarite. If this is correct, the ONLY thing you would have installed was the AC wires to the pump terminals and reversing the "polarity" on that (especially if 240 VAC) will not make any difference. The rest should have been plug in connectors (flow switch and SWG cable).

I'd suggest going to the website, but it is 404 right now.
You are correct from everything I have seen it is just like the Hayward Aquarite. It is 240 VAC. I will give them a call tomorrow. I have called them a few times, and they have been very helpful so far. Everything else was simply plug connectors. I did install the cell in a vertical pipe because that was really the only place it would fit without changing all of the plumbing, but from everything I read here, and even a few people here suggesting I install it that way I don't think that will cause any issues. Thanks for the quick reply!

It's probably a 3 hour cycle. Are you checking it after it has time to change polarities?

You can reverse polarity by moving the switch to Off for a minute and then back on.
James I did what you suggested. The power was actually off for over an hour because we had a storm today, and had a fairly near lightning strike. When that happens it almost always trips the breaker to my pool pump as it did today. When I got home from work I noticed the pump was not running. I reset the breaker, and the pump came back on. I immediately checked my SWG display, and when I got to the amperage reading it was still showing a negative amperage reading. As I said before everything seems to be working fine. My chlorine level continues to stay right where I need it, but I don't want this negative amperage to cause any damage to the cell. Should I be worried about this, and what would cause this issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.