New sweep hose ?

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
I need to replace my main pool sweep hose Polaris 280. I found one on Amazon
Amazon.com : Zodiac G5 Complete Feed Hose with UWF Replacement : Swimming Pool Hoses : Gateway

I know it does not have a backup valves, or in line filter. I replaced the Backup valve about 3 years, the pressure relief valve has a filter in it I could just use the existing PRV. Is Zodiac hose a good hose? I did do a complete rebuild last year except the main hose and sweep hose. have a new sweep hose on the way.

Not only would I use those parts still in decent condition, but I'd save the rest of it as well. I have a whole box of parts that may have needed replacement, but weren't totally worthless. I use the old parts in times while waiting for new ones to arrive the next time I need something. To me, it's better to have something limping, than totally out of use... In fact, I'm betting unless you just want new stuff, most of the parts on your line will still work. You can find just the hose itself and may save a bunch of money.

Thanks for the replies, the hose is original to the pool 2002 I've replaced the swivel connectors I noticed one is bad now again. All the floats on hose are completely loose the hose is just really stiff just plain old. I think it’s just time to buy a new hose.

Thanks for the replies, the hose is original to the pool 2002 I've replaced the swivel connectors I noticed one is bad now again. All the floats on hose are completely loose the hose is just really stiff just plain old. I think it’s just time to buy a new hose.
It may be, but give the water time to warm up if you can. My hose is notoriously stiff in the winter. I’ve also figured out that if you will constantly monitor and move the floats, where and when necessary, it helps tremendously in the hose flexing when and where it needs to. I hope that makes sense. I’m always coming home and relaxing by my pool. I study the flow patterns and movement patterns of the Polaris. It works. May sound crazy, but when I have friends that make comments as you have, I can make a few adjustments and all is back to normal. They’re ‘kind of’ maintenance free for the most part, but hey do need attention. Good luck. I’ve considered a robot, but really like the ‘leave and let run’ Polaris that stays in my pool and runs on the timer.

It may be, but give the water time to warm up if you can. My hose is notoriously stiff in the winter. I’ve also figured out that if you will constantly monitor and move the floats, where and when necessary, it helps tremendously in the hose flexing when and where it needs to. I hope that makes sense. I’m always coming home and relaxing by my pool. I study the flow patterns and movement patterns of the Polaris. It works. May sound crazy, but when I have friends that make comments as you have, I can make a few adjustments and all is back to normal. They’re ‘kind of’ maintenance free for the most part, but hey do need attention. Good luck. I’ve considered a robot, but really like the ‘leave and let run’ Polaris that stays in my pool and runs on the timer.

I like the Polaris it's a proven design , I've rebuilt mine twice and I still has a lot of life in it. But it's time for a new hose. The pool sweep's have come a long way since Arneson Pool Sweep

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.