Pool sweep gets hung on its own supply cord

hb1547

Apr 24, 2022
California
My pool sweep (Polaris 280) often gets 'hung' or caught by its own water supply cord.

The photo below shows what this looks like: the pool sweep's main body and the reverse valve get caught on different sides of the cord. The sweep can't move forward because it can't pull the valve around the supply cord, and of course the reverse valve isn't strong enough to pull the main body over the cord either.

I can manually fix it, but if I leave the sweep unattended and check again in a couple hours, it's often back in the same situation.

Any tips or techniques that I should try that might help with this? The pool sweep hose also tends to tangle quite a bit, which may be a related issue.

2023-11-11-13.53.jpg

My pool sweep (Polaris 280) often gets 'hung' or caught by its own water supply cord.

The photo below shows what this looks like: the pool sweep's main body and the reverse valve get caught on different sides of the cord. The sweep can't move forward because it can't pull the valve around the supply cord, and of course the reverse valve isn't strong enough to pull the main body over the cord either.

I can manually fix it, but if I leave the sweep unattended and check again in a couple hours, it's often back in the same situation.

Any tips or techniques that I should try that might help with this? The pool sweep hose also tends to tangle quite a bit, which may be a related issue.

View attachment 541870
Something that would help is to replace the sweep hose. That would get more water to the head and the wheels might be able to pull it off when the back-up valve finishes its cycle. A very good hose is the Swasher, found on Amazon. About the same price as OEM, but last much longer and is more effective.

Also, your Polaris tail is missing tail weights and the foam scrubber. That all changes the balance of the 280 and the way it climbs walls.

What is your wheel RPM?

Looks like the Swasher is the tail sweep hose, right?

That is a replacement for the standard Polaris tail. I have been happy with the standard tail.
Dumb question, but how would that give more water to the head and wheels?

Dunno. The Swasher is just the tail and fits on the standard hose.

You still need to fix your tail hose and the wear ring weights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.