Montreal
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi all, I recently inherited a fiberglass spa with our new house and this forum is a serious treasure trove! Helped me get where I am, a pump motor replacement and good water chemistry.

I finally got all up and running and on our third use of the spa, I went back down to the basement to turn the motor down and turn the temperature down and noticed that the floor was wet. Identifying the leak was not difficult, the clamp joint going into the chlorinator was already not looking great (with more experience I probably would have replaced the pipe before opening the spa).
IMG_5339.pngIMG_5340.png
I would consider getting a professional to do the work, but I am doubtful I can find anyone to do it before the next overnight freeze.

In short, after research, I'm leaning towards replacing the flexible 1.5" 4ft PVC with rigid PVC and want to get some feedback on if that is in fact a good idea, and if there is any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, @ccbill. There is the Intellichlor union, then a coupling I believe. AFAIK the Intellichlor union is non-standard and would need to be replaced. So you would suggest cutting the flex and simply reattaching to a new union + coupling?

Yes. I would just put a union on the flex and hook it up. Hopefully there is enough slack in the flex. If the union and flex are different diameters you will have to adapt but the adapter fittings are pretty standard and you should be able to find them at a hardware store.

Pentair IntelliChlor Replacement Unions 520595 Pentair IntelliChlor Replacement Unions 520595 - Google Search

Thanks! Will see if I can find the replacement union locally before the next drop below freezing. Otherwise I guess I can temporarily tape the joint to at very least slow the leak down to a more manageable drip until the Amazon delivery arrives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.