New Spa! Kinda...

CH is 90. No calcium to add, will have to pick some up.
TA was 250. This is standard for my water.
CYA is 20
Salt is I have no idea. But the SWG seems to be happy with it. Calculations said to add 8 pounds, so I added 5 pounds.
PH was 8.2 the first time.

When I was adjusting TA, I overshot it by a long ways. Got it down to 10. Luckily, the peeps gave me a ton of chemicals with the tub, so I used the worlds most expensive baking soda to get it back up to 50. PH seems to be stable around 7.6 now. It was swinging fast during TA adjustment, absolutely loved that!

FC was .5 with 2 CC. Shocked, no wait... SLAM? Yeah, SLAM'd it! Now it's FC:2 CC:.5 I'll be checking it throughout the day. Hit the boost button on the swg, so we'll see. It'll probably take a week or so to get that dialed in right.

Having fun though! Kinda miss my pool, but we'll probably use this more often. (It's heated!) Temp was at 96 four hours ago, and now it's at 104 and holding. Will adjust if we don't like it.

Also added borates, as it was in the tub-o-chemicals we got!

Top: How a spa technician does it.
Bottom: How I do it.

a568097fb550bce2f34942f9debecc6d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well water balance mode went to the wayside. Instead I've been looking for a leak!

Found it, damage control done and now making sure there are no other leaks. The part is on the way. Will have to drain down to the footwell to fix it.

It's one of the air injectors on a seat. Doesn't look like they winterized that one! LOL.

No biggy. 12 bucks, and about 10 gallons of water spilled.

New submersible pump will be here tomorrow. Didn't realize how incredibly slow a hot tub drains! New injector will be here Friday. I have the leak down to under a gallon a day being caught in a bucket, and it doesn't leak at all if I turn the blower on! So we're still using the tub! :swim:

I'm gonna run another course of Ahh Some before I drain to fix it, as I keep seeing bits of goober every now and then. Haven't even checked the water balance since Sunday. Seems kinda pointless for 5 days of water, besides the SWG is working... So just kinda in wait mode now.

Oh my goodness...

Just found out I'm going to be the photographer at the Toledo Zoo's "Feast with the Beasts" next Friday. Sold out at $250 a plate. Kinda nervous. Better go jump in the tub and relax.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
euh,... not sure what you'll be shooting next week, but could you should the inside of the tub again? Thinking about the brown foam it would hardly seem appealing to jump in.... When I got my tub, the hoses were dirty too and being new to balancing water I decided to drain and start over... only 1500 liters of water lost... :oops:

Well, here it is an inch low.
b2c4cec1efea53d0defb63f4a97b03a7.jpg

The good news is the little air injector showed up a day early! So I'm gonna run some Ahh-some through it, drain it, replace it, fill it back up and should be good to go by tomorrow evening!
a9f876cb9a45e65fe096a8cb31fa7732.jpg

1 hour to drain! Way better than 5 hours using gravity!

But umm...

Ok...

On the top is what I found. On the bottom is its replacement.
f0c4a810ef080dd41e6727ca46ba9c03.jpg

I'll be pulling the rest of the panels off looking for any other "repairs" now. Thank you.

It's just an air injector. Looks like this installed.

4c0c8cfdab0cd5313b53e8276b681c47.jpg

Clearly someone along the line tried to repair it with lots of epoxy, and lots of silicone.

It's an 11-13 dollar part. Retail!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.