New Screenlogic 2 install question

DesertDog are you using Android or Apple to control it? I have read that Android does not show all the functions like Apple. I also read that the connections drop all the time. What are your experiences with SL2

rph,

I have had ScreenLogic 2 for close to 4 years and have had none of those issues... Tell me what functions don't show on Android???

I suggest that you use your PC to program and set new things up, and only use your phone for control.. Android does take two apps, not sure it that is true for the Apple or not.

I've never had my connections "drop"... Something changed recently and I can't get the weather anymore and not sure why.. I have done nothing to fix it, so it might be a simple fix.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I was reading the reviews at the android play store for the app. That's why I wanted your opinion since you have been using it for a long time now. I have NOT purchased it yet, was doing my research first.
connection issues
egg timer feature missing on android
can't find server
correct time and no ability to change it

Thanks Jim for your time.

rph,

I never noticed before, but you can't set up an egg timer on Android, but you can turn on a circuit that is controlled by an egg timer..

I am not sure a server is even used.. ??? But I have had zero connection issues, when I have used my phone.

ScreenLogic Config has a page for setting the date and time...

Personally, I think that anyone that uses the phone for setting things up is missing the benefit of the PC.. Using the PC is almost a tutorial on how the EasyTouch works.. It allows the user to understand how Circuits, Circuit Names, and Circuit Functions all tie together...

I use my PC most of the time.. I use my phone mainly to test stuff out for questions on TFP...

You want ScreenLogic P/N 522104..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well... I'm SOLD! Putting on my computer to check it out. I've seen Jim's screen shots in the past and it looks way simpler than the programming mess on the Easythouch. I just haven't had to do it yet. The phone app has been easy enough to make changes and even add a new run time for the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.