New Router and Can't Connect Screenlogic

viprjr

Aug 21, 2010
Hi all! I just upgraded my router and now my Screenlogic indoor wireless interface and protocol adapter aren't working. I've pretty much done everything inside I can think of as far as attempting to reset the protocol adapter and/or wireless transmitter. My Screenlogic Connect doesn't see my protocol adapter at all. When I attempt to reset the adapter with the reset button the red light stays on and doesn't do a thing. my wireless transmitter ok has a solid green power, blinking green RX light, and blinking yellow TX light. Any ideas?

The password to get on the network is probably different assuming you set it.

thats my next question, even if you set ssid and password the same can you verify everything is connected. Some devices will auto connect but some won’t. you may have to connect them back to wireless.
Also some routers have an option to block host to host traffic, but usually default is not to
Start with verify on the router if everything is connected

Also on unrelated run a good virus program on your PC and enable all the security you can in the router. It’s not just viruses that slow it down they install key loggers and steal passwords.
While I am on my soap box enable 2 factor on all banking, so it sends you a text and you have to enter a pin.

Hi all! Wow y'all rock!
I installed a new Asus RT-AX88U router and a new SSID. Didn't think the pw would matter as the protocol adapter is connected via Cat 5 to one of the ports on the router.

"Is the new router using the same IPv4 network number and subnet mask as the old one? If not, existing devices can get confused." I doubt this but not quite sure how to check it out. The Asus does have a robust user interface so I'm sure I can check it out. I am, however, not even seeing the protocol adater as part of my wired LAN.

Side question--is the red light on the pa supposed to anything when I reset? I've tried resetting with the pinhole reset as well as disconnecting the pa from the indoor wireless transceiver.

SSID and PW should not have any effect if you are connected via cat-5. Did you assign a static IP to the protocol adapter, with the old router? Check your new router to see what the IP is being assigned to the adapter now the 6 characters for the adapter are the last 6 of the MAC address. Set it up for static IP on the adapter and set a reservation with the same IP for it on your router.

What was the name and model of your old router. That routers default IP address is 192.168.1.1, subnet 255.255.255.0 which is pretty much what all routers are set with from the factory. No idea why the PA isn't being seen in the device listing of the router. It may be shown as just an IP address without a name similar to something like this (this is from a Netgear router using Fresh Tomato UI...geek speak :) ).

Capture.PNG

Did try disconnecting power completely, unplugging CAT5 cable from router. Wait a bit. Plug cable back in and power the PA backup? That may help.

Reactions: markayash
The old pa did not have a static IP to my knowledge with the old router. It isn't even showing up as a wired connection on my new router so I can't assign a static IP. Also on the Screenlogic Connect software on my PC, the "Configure IP info" icon isn't highlighted.
The old router was an Asus RT-AC88U and the pa was wired connection to that also.
Tried the power down, disconnect cat 5, reconnect cat 5, power up. Same result--pa still not showing up as a wired connection and indoor wireless has yellow flashing Tx LED.

Attachments

• asus.JPG
    asus.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 33
  • asus.JPG
    asus.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
That's a weird IP address for the router. What is the DHCP range being used by the router (the DHCP Server tab)?

You can try to change the IP addy to 192.168.1.1. Otherwise, you have to rule out what may be the issue. Although rare it may be a bad port on the router or the CAT5 cable may be shot. Once you change the IP and that doesn't fix it. Try a different port for the cable and then try running, temporarily, a new CAT cable from the back of the router to the PA (unless you have a cable tester which many people don't have). You have to rule out the cause of it not getting an IP address.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Strange, one test, if possible take a laptop ( if it has a Ethernet port ) to the PA device and connect the cable to the labtop. That should verify your cable and router..I am not familiar with the device so maybe off base.

Also why did you change IP's if you replacing the old router? Just curious

This post may help though the initial was about the intellicenter

That's a weird IP address for the router. What is the DHCP range being used by the router (the DHCP Server tab)?

You can try to change the IP addy to 192.168.1.1. Otherwise, you have to rule out what may be the issue. Although rare it may be a bad port on the router or the CAT5 cable may be shot. Once you change the IP and that doesn't fix it. Try a different port for the cable and then try running, temporarily, a new CAT cable from the back of the router to the PA (unless you have a cable tester which many people don't have). You have to rule out the cause of it not getting an IP address.

Yes, it is strange. Not sure why host is 192.168.50.1. I actually logged in originally as 192.168.1.1. and then set up my AIMesh network in the house. Screwed it up a bit, and I then logged into router.asus.com and set it up again. The 192.168.50.1. was not assigned by me lol. The range is 192.168.50.2. to 192.168.50.254. (253 IP addresses).
I assume if I reassign 192.168.1.1. to my router nothing will get screwed up, correct?

Attachments

• asus1.JPG
    asus1.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 9
Yes, it is strange. Not sure why host is 192.168.50.1. I actually logged in originally as 192.168.1.1. and then set up my AIMesh network in the house. Screwed it up a bit, and I then logged into router.asus.com and set it up again. The 192.168.50.1. was not assigned by me lol. The range is 192.168.50.2. to 192.168.50.254. (253 IP addresses).
I assume if I reassign 192.168.1.1. to my router nothing will get screwed up, correct?

If it's just 1 wireless router to your Cable modem then you "should" be ok..Don't know what else you have conneted..
If your just using a PC and your pool stuff personally I would do a factory rest on the router and start over.
Also wanted to ask, on the back of your router there are usually 4 "switch" ports and a WAN port that usually goes to a Modem..Your PA isn't on the WAN port is it?

If it's just 1 wireless router to your Cable modem then you "should" be ok..Don't know what else you have conneted..
If your just using a PC and your pool stuff personally I would do a factory rest on the router and start over.
Also wanted to ask, on the back of your router there are usually 4 "switch" ports and a WAN port that usually goes to a Modem..Your PA isn't on the WAN port is it?
It is just the router connected to the modem. PC is ethernet as well as a security system, occasional xbox when kids are in town (a lot now), and the PA. The PA is on a LAN port, and I'm waiting for one of the kids to get up to use their laptop to check out the cable. Yep, might just do a total reboot if that doesn't solve it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.