IntelliTouch Protocol Adapter IP Change

Oct 23, 2018
St Augustine
Hello TFP

1st post and rushing ahead with my question as I am on my 3rd long night of banging my head on this. long story short, I NEED to change the IP address of my Pentair Intellitoch Protocol Adapter but have no clue how.

The latest firmware versions:
EasyTouch (2.160)
ScreenLogic2® Update LATEST VERSION: BUILD 5.2.736, POSTED 11/06/17
Pentair Remote Control & Monitor.jpg

The adapter uses DHCP to get an address, which means that the device asks your router for an address when it boots up.... Routers will typically handout the same address to the device every time it sees it on the network. It identifies the device through it MAC address which is like a finger print for each IP device. So you need to have your router forget the device and hand out a new one...

The Adaptor can be setup to use either a dynamic (DHCP) or a static IP address.

I gave my Adaptor a static IP address using the ScreenLogic software. Though my entire collection of devices also have static IP addresses. You don't really want to mix and match the two unless you know what you're doing.

Is your network all DHCP, or static addresses? Are you having a conflict of addresses or something?

Anyway, the start up screen of ScreenLogic has a "Configure IP Info..." button. Your solution is probably within the resulting dialog box. Let me know if you get stuck...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's been a while since I played around with it, but your screen shot looks like the "pro" version of the ScreenLogic software, not the consumer version. Are you using both? You may have the wrong version, which might explain part of the issue you're having finding the solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Ding it. I may have stuck my foot in it again. I'm referring to my ScreenLogic Protocol Adapter, and I just realized that an IntelliTouch has a different Adapter? Your screen shot read "EasyTouch" so that threw me off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.