New Re-Plaster...potential REPAIR on Sun Deck

Aug 24, 2013
Tennessee
All,

We just had a re-plaster and have been extremely pleased with the pool company and their work...EXCEPT I noticed these depressions/bowls around the bubblers and umbrella in the sun deck during my 2-3 hours a day of brushing. The foreman returned and essentially said they put too much material in that area, even though they chipped out around every eyeball, bubbler, etc. during the prep process to accommodate for the re-plaster.

Regardless, he wasn't happy with the result either and suggested they try to remedy the issue by polishing/sanding the entire sun deck with a diamond blade. I'm concerned about the sun deck appearing different after the repair since we are one week in to the curing process. He said they would treat with Muriatic Acid and that would restore to the same color as the adjacent areas. If we're not 100% satisfied, they will chip and re-plaster the entire pool no questions asked. We haven't paid anything to date and know this company to be trustworthy and reliable.

My question is...have you heard of, experienced or have an opinion about this method of repair? I can't find anything online that speaks to this specific process. My fear is an inconsistent color or additional damage triggering a re-plaster, which I would like to avoid if possible given the quality of the overall job and lack of other issues during prep, Bond Kote and plaster. We had ideal weather during the process. What would you do? Deal with it? Any negative structural issues with the bowls/depressions?

Thanks in advance for your time, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 38
I think the pool company is making a good faith attempt to fix the problem. Sanding is really the best way to remedy.
It may not work successfully, but I am sure they don't want to re-plaster the entire pool either, so they will do their best to fix the problem by sanding.

I think the pool company is making a good faith attempt to fix the problem. Sanding is really the best way to remedy.
It may not work successfully, but I am sure they don't want to re-plaster the entire pool either, so they will do their best to fix the problem by sanding.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it...as we brush more and the dust begins to dissipate we have seen a few other issues as detailed in the pics. Don't want to over-react to common issues, so that's why I value the insight of the forum members.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24
We just had our pool replastered exactly 3 weeks ago. They had to bust out the gunite floor around all the returns (3) 2 lights, deep end drain and some other things. Also bond coat etc and none of the places ended looking like that. Really think about it because every single time you look at that pool you are going to notice and it may drive you nuts. You can see the holes when they finished the bond coat. Then you can see sort of the same area when they finished the plaster. Tell them it needs to be perfect. I wish you luck and hope they take care of you.

Attachments

• A735A931-09AF-4916-9F62-9CD05A9A8C9E.jpeg
    A735A931-09AF-4916-9F62-9CD05A9A8C9E.jpeg
    550.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 817CDD5D-A528-4CBB-94F8-70762A890A8A.jpeg
    817CDD5D-A528-4CBB-94F8-70762A890A8A.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.