New pump and filter help

Tenleyo

May 22, 2019
Maine
Just opened new above ground pool. I have air bubbles that keep growing in basket. Have checked the usual suspects for air leaks on the suction side, cant find it. This is a 2 speed pump. At high speed the bubbles go away, pressure is about17. At low speed bubbles grow pressure is at about 3. Flow is excellnt at both speeds. Any ideas?? Ty

Do they get to were you are getting air out of the returns?

Most pumps at low speed get a bit of air in the pump basket.

No air at returns, thank you for answer, dont want to chase a leak that isnt there, ty
The bubble grows... ran the pump on low overnight, when i got up. (6 hours) the water in basket was low, just about to inlet from skimmer, still thinking i have leak?, i ran it again at high speed and it primes out the air and runs without any air in basket at all.?? Ty

What is 'low'.
Please fill out your signature so we know more about your pool.
When i started on low there was tiny air bubble, i watched it grow to the size of a quarter, about 6 hours later the water was about 2 inches lower than top of bubble, from there i turn to high speed and it primes the air out, perfectly full basket 15psi very strong flow. 12 by 24 oval 52in. 1.5 hp hayward pump, cartridge filter. Ty

You may have a small suction side leak that goes away with the extra suction while on high speed (I assume you have a two speed motor). Check pump lid, lube gasket, drain plug orings. etc.

Please add a signature. See mine below. If you are on a mobile device, turn it sideways to see the signatures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.