New project. . . simple outdoor media screen

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
ok this isn't for me but for a very very good friend of mine. as a lot of you all know i live to fish! my buddy has a spot with a new camper on a local river which is knows to be one of the best small mouth bass fishing waters here in pa. the susquehanna river.

so he wants an outdoor screen with a projector so when we are up there fishing at night and hanging out the kids and us can watch movies.

soooo i'm going to document this little project here for others down the road. it's nothing crazy like i usually take on. just a screen and projector. we are running the audio thought the speakers on the camper's outside and we are hoping to use the sources inside the camper so we can keep costs and setup time down.

i ordered the screen which is pretty awesome. it comes with the screen with border and grommets already good to go. they also give you the bungees to stretch the screen and the best part all adaptors to attach the pipes too. meaning the corners, brackets, bends whatever. all we have to do it go to home depot and buy metal 1 inch eat conduit. that's it. i'm not putting the company name up so i don't get called out, but it's pretty cool.

projector is just a 720p epson to keep cost down that i'm getting for him cheap.

screen comes tomorrow. i'll have pics hopefully!

i'm excited cause we can't fish the river now cause it's ripping and high so figured get this ready for memorial day!

jimi

3D82D195-2722-4E31-844C-F26DFF48F2FC.jpeg
these are the brackets they give you. all u do is cut ur ENT metal and fit them together. SOLID!
7704CB19-EB1D-4F7E-91CF-DAEFC117A870.jpeg
Bungees are nice. Easy to use. They give u extra.

331D5FE1-F436-4993-AE17-FFB65BE96378.jpeg
So pretty much u build 2 huge rectangles and these piece together like an old school swing set at the top.

466F5434-835F-4085-B8BC-04AE03DECE9A.jpeg
Then lift it up. so we need to make sandbags for the feet and back pipe to keep it down if it gets windy. but it is solid when stood. it isn't going anywhere. It's heavy.

Below dome pics with screen on. The screen quality in fine for outside. It's backed really nice. almost like a black shower curtain. it's deff made well.
0B288567-B9FF-41D1-A078-7D5E886CF37D.jpeg

859D7F42-B5AB-47D1-AAFF-9BAA13925786.jpeg5267003A-991F-403D-AF27-B65C2CAF63F3.jpeg84C15571-0482-45B7-A2CF-2DEC3D11A931.jpeg
for the cost the quality is awesome!

we couldn't setup the projector. way too bright. we were going to go back up and set it up in the dark and fish but we both got busy at home.

more to come. next weekend we deff plan on watching a movie wit the kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arizonarob
we went up to finish last night for the weekend. all is good except some minor audio issues which i assume is a setting. i have no internet up there so i can't look up stuff or call my buddy if i need some advice. video is fine. needs to be tweaked a bit. all and all for approx 900 dollars its a solid setup and the kids will love it. we have it positioned so u have site lines from fire pit to camper and porch off camper. we also didn't ruin our site lines if we have poles in the water and a pole explodes and we have to run to get it. no one will get close lined on the screen! lol cause if a pole hits i'm off like a jaguar! lol even though we use circle hooks to practice safe catch and release.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.