New pool startup / maintenance....installers chem cocktail (minerals)

Sounds like a good plan then! (rock). I'm noticing that yo-yo effect. I've gone one round with the muriatic acid...probably need to do a few more. I've got one of these guys that I took the spray nozzle off of and just have the 1" opening shooting down into the water to create some aeration

View attachment 368902
You probably want to leave it on. The two factors, based on the forums, and my experience is that 1) you want to make lots of little bubbles and/or 2) you want lots of airtime (spraying horizontally). That is what speeds the pH rise. You won't lose much more than your normal to evaporation. You, like I will be frustrated at the inability to raise pH without 1 and/or 2.

Reactions: cznkane
You probably want to leave it on. The two factors, based on the forums, and my experience is that 1) you want to make lots of little bubbles and/or 2) you want lots of airtime (spraying horizontally). That is what speeds the pH rise. You won't lose much more than your normal to evaporation. You, like I will be frustrated at the inability to raise pH without 1 and/or 2.
Thanks, will go put it back on!

There are a bunch of threads on aerators. If the one you have doesn't work fast enough, try the one in Post #4 in this Thread: DIY Aerator Or do search on Aerators here. Lots of ideas!

I copied it, but I bought a 1/2HP sump pump because I had to do a water exchange. Put this on top of the sump pump and put it in my shallow end. 31K gallon pool, can raise pH 7.0 to 7.4-5 in 12 hours. Took three days to reduce TA from 140 to 70. But it worked great. You can see it puts off LOTS of little bubbles. If yours doesn't work fast enough, you might try this. The ends are just caps with 5, 1/4" holes. Noon, 3, 6, 9 and middle.

Reactions: cznkane
There are a bunch of threads on aerators. If the one you have doesn't work fast enough, try the one in Post #4 in this Thread: DIY Aerator Or do search on Aerators here. Lots of ideas!

I copied it, but I bought a 1/2HP sump pump because I had to do a water exchange. Put this on top of the sump pump and put it in my shallow end. 31K gallon pool, can raise pH 7.0 to 7.4-5 in 12 hours. Took three days to reduce TA from 140 to 70. But it worked great. You can see it puts off LOTS of little bubbles. If yours doesn't work fast enough, you might try this. The ends are just caps with 5, 1/4" holes. Noon, 3, 6, 9 and middle.
Looks great! I can absolutely make one of those. Sump pump is a great idea too, thank you for the link.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.