New pool quote - Atlanta.

Nyaks

Jun 6, 2020
Atlanta
Hi!

I’m looking at getting a very basic (no frills) gunite pool installed in my small backyard. Pool size is 11x24.
Can you please review the quote and tell me if this seems fair? Some items seem overpriced based on what little research I’ve done but I’d like to get some input before engaging the builder further.

thanks in advance for the help!82B50143-D553-42C1-8E1B-F2D86D5B6B07.jpegA4F003AF-EE2E-425C-A6CC-965DC75986CE.jpegDC4ECD6A-13E3-4AC9-A97F-462192D8C806.jpeg0E09A3EC-221E-405C-B8B4-C244AB9E4D0D.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!
My suggestion will not save you money at install but will save you money over the long term. Have them upgrade to a Intelliflo VS pump (011028) from the single speed. You are getting an Easytouch with SWCG. That is great. But pairing that with a single speed pump is just not a good idea. Single speed pumps are noisy, electrical hogs, and starting next year, when that motor fails, you will have to install a variable speed motor anyway.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Reactions: Nyaks
I dont think the Superflow pump is a variable speed pump. I would suggest a variable speed, or at least a dual speed pump to help save you in electric costs going forward.

Edit - Marty beat me to it.

Reactions: Nyaks and mknauss
Welcome to the forum!
My suggestion will not save you money at install but will save you money over the long term. Have them upgrade to a Intelliflo VS pump (011028) from the single speed. You are getting an Easytouch with SWCG. That is great. But pairing that with a single speed pump is just not a good idea. Single speed pumps are noisy, electrical hogs, and starting next year, when that motor fails, you will have to install a variable speed motor anyway.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

thanks.

The last image was available upgrades. I have not selected any yet. Do you recommend getting the easy touch upgrade in addition to the VSP?
I’m also thinking of downgrading the pebblefina to a quartz plaster. Thoughts?

Ahh -- sorry. As long as you get a variable speed pump, the ET is not a necessary item as you will not have a spa or water features, right?

To be honest, the Intellichlor SWCG is not really great to have unless it is integrated with a Pentair automation. Hayward makes better SWCG;s for professional install.

Ahh -- sorry. As long as you get a variable speed pump, the ET is not a necessary item as you will not have a spa or water features, right?

To be honest, the Intellichlor SWCG is not really great to have unless it is integrated with a Pentair automation. Hayward makes better SWCG;s for professional install.

Correct. No water features and no spa.
I will ask the PB about Hayward models

Without automation, you will need a timer to control the SWCG. You do not want power to the SWCG when the pump is off. With a VS pump, you would schedule that and then you would set the timer for the SWCG to only be on within the times selected on the pump.

Reactions: Nyaks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi!

I’m looking at getting a very basic (no frills) gunite pool installed in my small backyard. Pool size is 11x24.
Can you please review the quote and tell me if this seems fair? Some items seem overpriced based on what little research I’ve done but I’d like to get some input before engaging the builder further.

thanks in advance for the help!View attachment 144775View attachment 144776View attachment 144777View attachment 144778

I can send you the information of the guys who replastered my pool..They are also builders if you want another quote?

Yes please. Haven’t committed yet so I dont mind getting some additional quotes! Thx

I used Jimmy back around 2005 to replace the plaster..Then in 2018 it was showing it's age so we have it replaced with QuartzScape and replaced the brick coping with Stone.
He had the best price both times..He is a PB but will tell you to have someone help with the chemicals but the group here can do that for sure..Just need a good test kit :)

Jimmy Cerna
Owner

Artizan Designs Pools
5422 Glade Road SE
Acworth, GA 30102

(678) 540-8610
[email protected]

Thanks! I did attempt to Get Atleast 3 quotes.

1st bowed out because he specializes in vinyl and space limitations wouldn’t get a pool in there with the extra dig required for vinyl.
2nd company straight out told me that my pool should cost me 30% my home value. He saw my city and automatically saw $$ signs based on home values here. I didnt bother continuing with him.
3rd pool company comes out Wednesday for the designer to measure and put together a quote.
4th pool company took my deposit for the CAD drawings and i never Heard from them since (no worries, PayPal is handling that)

all this not counting the current quote I have.
PB’s are flaky around here smh

• Sad
Reactions: markayash
I used Jimmy back around 2005 to replace the plaster..Then in 2018 it was showing it's age so we have it replaced with QuartzScape and replaced the brick coping with Stone.
He had the best price both times..He is a PB but will tell you to have someone help with the chemicals but the group here can do that for sure..Just need a good test kit :)

Jimmy Cerna
Owner

Artizan Designs Pools
5422 Glade Road SE
Acworth, GA 30102

(678) 5
40-8610
[email protected]

Thanks!
Edited to say: they are out of business.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.