New Pool owner

KT Christof

Apr 11, 2022
Temecula, CA
The wife and i have our first home with pool since 2016. I never imagined of how much there is to take care of pool and the equipment running it. Always something breaking, always fixing things. But, its worth the efforts. And it kept us from going crazy during the lock down by giving us some entertainment. I am hoping to find some advice with the maintenance and repair of, and in exchange to help others with my experience i have had so far. And I had a lot of problems. The pool is 20 years old, 16,000 gallons, pebble tech, salt water, aqua rite T15. I have Solar water heater , most of equipment is Hayward, but main pump is now Pentair VS. It uses half of the electricity the old Northstar one speed pump was using. Water slide and spa still run the old Northstar pumps.

KT,

Welcome to TFP! You've come to the right place. Your pool has some great stuff to make it much easier to maintain. We do things a little different. We use a proven methodology that's science based and is used by almost 300,000 people. It uses simple big box store chemicals instead of expensive pool store potions to produce perfect pool condition at rock bottom cost. Here's some things to read to get you a little background:
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

The only thing you need to get started using our methods is a reliable test kit. We recommend only two since we know they produce reliable results and have all the tests you need. But we don't sell them. You can buy them any place you want to. Notice I said we don't sell anything? That makes us the only place you'll get truly unbiased recommendations. Here's a little more on the test kits Test Kits Compared.

Ask away at your questions. We have a lot of experts and very experienced pool owners that volunteer their time to help people just like you (we were all in that same boat at one time).

Chris