New pool owner cloudy water 1 week old

Earl Cox

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2015
Lexington Park MD
Yes that was my thoughts trying to locate a rental service in my area. Started to drain the pool using the drain for tonight. This is a nightmare

betsyloo

Apr 10, 2011
Dry, dry, Tennessee
I'm mostly a lurker but have been reading and enjoying the pictures as your hard work results in your pool getting clearer and more sparkly. Sending good vibes your way and hoping you'll be back swimming soon. :sunny:

Earl Cox

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2015
Lexington Park MD
Oh no doubt I surely will get it right but I have to take the safety of my kids first. So I prefer to get it corrected first. I will post some pics of my progress. Reserved a submersible pump for tomorrow to get some of the water out. Already step up reserve pool to pump water into.

pooldv

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Bummer! You can rent a sump pump at HD/lowes or buy a cheap submersible pump at Northern Tool or Harbor Freight.

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Aw, sorry to read you are having more trouble. Glad, though, to see you are willing to fix it correctly! Here's wishing lots of nice swimming days when you are done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Earl Cox

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 22, 2015
Lexington Park MD
DAY 6:

Ok updates I'm at work getting it done drained pool to backup pool. Still keeping water at SLAM level in the backup pool. In the 2nd and 3rd pic are the legs that sunk into the ground. I'm able to lift them up by hand and some elbow grease, now as the water is about 2 ft in the pool. So no jacking needed worked out great :)

image.jpg
2.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

pabeader

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 14, 2015
Cartersville Ga
I hear of folks using a water level to make sure all the footers are at the same height. The neat thing is, it has flexible hose so you can work around a pool the is up already.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.