New pool owner, can’t get the pool clear!

Thank you everyone. I used the 25ml sample, added about 3 scoops of powder to get a very light pink color. It took 1 drop to make it turn clear.

I bought the bleach from Bj’s last night, went through all 3 gallons. Could be the 0 CYA, or possibility that I finally got my filter to turn on and run properly maybe the algae used it up quick.

Hard to follow the data but if you had no CYA when opening, the pool DID have CYA in it when closed, and the pool is a swamp right now, it would be best to run the ammonia protocol to rule it out.
Do NOT add CYA until this is complete.
To check and defeat ammonia, if necessary, is to raise your FC in the water using enough liquid chlorine to get to 10 ppm using PoolMath. Circulate the pool for 15 minutes. Test FC. If at 5 or below, add LC to get to 10 using LC, circulate for 15 minutes, repeat until your FC is above 5 ppm after the 15 minute circulation is above 5 ppm.

Thank you everyone. I used the 25ml sample, added about 3 scoops of powder to get a very light pink color. It took 1 drop to make it turn clear.

I bought the bleach from Bj’s last night, went through all 3 gallons. Could be the 0 CYA, or possibility that I finally got my filter to turn on and run properly maybe the algae used it up quick.
Forget about your cya for now. Use only a 10ml sample and multiply by .5 so 8 drops would equal 4ppm. You only need one heaping spoon full of powder. Use pool math and shoot for 10ppm and check EVERY 30 minutes to see where you’re at. If your chlorine is disappearing then you may have an ammonia problem which I’ve had in the past.... Also, go to job lots and get the 12.5% chlorine for 2.99 per bottle. Stock up and buy 4 cases. If you don’t use all during the SLAM you’ll definitely use it during the summer (y)

Forget about your cya for now. Use only a 10ml sample and multiply by .5 so 8 drops would equal 4ppm. You only need one heaping spoon full of powder. Use pool math and shoot for 10ppm and check EVERY 30 minutes to see where you’re at. If your chlorine is disappearing then you may have an ammonia problem which I’ve had in the past.... Also, go to job lots and get the 12.5% chlorine for 2.99 per bottle. Stock up and buy 4 cases. If you don’t use all during the SLAM you’ll definitely use it during the summer (y)
Also, are you sure your pool is 33k? If so, you’ll need 3 gallons of 12.5% chlorine just to raise it up to 10ppm... Keep me posted

OK, so this is where I am.

Yesterday after cleaning out the DE filter, the return pressure slowed down. I backwashed a little, but didn't help much. Today re opened the filter and the filter was caked up again with DE. Cleaned it off again and added more DE to skimmer, after 1 scoop, it blew out the return.

Now I noticed the reason why its cloudy, I have DE all over the sides on the floor of the pool. I was on the phone all morning with a nice lady who owns a pool store and she thought I needed a new whole new cluster.

Threw 3 gallons of 12.5% liquid shock in, and now my results are:

PH:7
FC:1
CC:1
CYA:0

My plan is as follows. Wait until I replace the cluster, add CYA, then shock again and hopefully that fixes this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.