New Pool - Miami - Summer 2020 Build

Soooooooo does that mean you will be keeping them?? Have her look at them in the sun then tell her to think of how pretty and BLINGY they will be with the water in the pool!
It might be! They are nice! We haven’t had much sun at all this weekend with the storm nearby. And in the soft overcast lighting they look great. We only could see the sun Friday right after they finished.

tenor.gif

Well...I did not listen to all the helpful comments and the encouragement regarding our iridescent tiles. The PB confirmed that it was the tile distributor's error (in incorrectly labelling the sample), and agreed to remove the old tiles and replace them.

Yesterday, after an 18-day hiatus, the replacement tiles were installed. It was tough to lose a month, but THIS was what we wanted and they look great. No regrets. Hopefully the final stages go more smoothly!

Reactions: Love N Lune
Reactions: Love N Lune

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sheesh. Lots of excuses and days going by ... expecting people that don't show.

From here, we need:
1) decking (this is a small 16'x10' or so area. I think it will be quick).
2) installation of child fence for inspection (why do I next fear that we will be waiting for this one forever?)
3) inspection
4) plastering
5) electrical and pumps (they insist doing this at the end is their way; I've never built a pool but I do see a lot otherwise on TFP).

So if we miraculously have decking done Friday, and then have one thing done every 9 days, which would be better than our pace, then I'll be swimming early October.

i mean with how slow your builder has been probably lol.

plus you could have probably shopped quote around a bit, fence guys around here vary wildly (i had quotes of 2K all the way down to $500 for my small repalcement fence/gate)
At the time, I didn't know I could outsource the child fence. I also didn't imagine this process would be so difficult.

The entire month of August will go by with only 5 hours of work being done for the pool...and those 5 hours will be the removal and replacement of the tiles after they installed the wrong ones. What an ordeal. :(

The 'Delay Train' keeps chugging. A recap how slow things have gotten:
Wed. 7/29: Coping work
Thu. 7/30: Tile work delayed; we are told the tiles we chose are now out of stock. Immediately choose from new sample.
Fri. 7/31: Tiles installed, but they're the wrong one.
Tue. 8/18: Tiles replaced.
Tue. 9/1: Deck installed (13'10 or so)
Fri. 9/4: Child fence guys show up to install but leave when they realize the fence posts would need to be placed into the ground.
New Child Fence Install Date: Saturday 9/12.

Not sure this even gets done in September anymore. Make one bit of progress, get delayed by 10-14 days. Rinse and repeat. Demoralizing.

Tiles installed, but they're the wrong one.
YOu just cannot win! WOW out of stock THEN wrong ones put on??? REALLY?? GURRRRR

Child fence guys show up to install but leave when they realize the fence posts would need to be placed into the ground.
ummmmmmmmmmmm what??? Install should include putting the posts in the ground...........where else would they go??

Reactions: PieterS

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.