New pool “manager” in Louisiana

Not sure about the film. If you post a dedicated thread in another forum (besides this one which is just mainly for introductions) there might be more people who see the pic of the film and give you guidance on that.

FC 14
TA 110
CYA 50
pH 8

Appears my CYA levels have dropped and I have over chlorinated the pool. We’re suppose to get 10”+ this weekend from TS Barry. After the rains, do you think I can go back to using my chlorine/cya pucks in the tower? Anything else?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have done a great job so far!!! Now lets keep it up...........those tablets will last for a good long while. They will come in handy for weekend get aways and vacations so lets save them for that.

Film on the liner-have you brushed the pool as of late? I find mine needs to be done about every 2 or 3 days even if anyone has been in it or not. Try that and see what happens. Let us know.

The Vit. C...make sure they are white....we had someone use orange ones and it did not go as planned :roll:
I am going to share a set of links I put together for new pool owners. I think they will be good for you as you are a new pool manager LOL

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim:kim:

Save the pucks for when you go on vacation, when you can justify potentially raising CYA. I'm just academically guessing this at this point since all I am current managing is a 250 gal hot tub (see my sad construction thread, since I think we will end up getting monsoon rains from your tropical storm), but can you elbow grease any of that slime off of the steps? If you keep adequate FC levels it shouldn't come back.. so if you have to mechanically remove it, it likely won't come back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.