New Pool in South Jersey opinions?

I attached a drawing showing where N is and the pool will be about 65 feet from the house. I'm not sure about prevailing winds. I am going to search now and learn how to figure that out.

Attachments

• Kearney2d_001 (1).jpg
    Kearney2d_001 (1).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
Where will steps be?

Any benches or ledges?

What is the depth profile of the pool? Where are the shallow and deep areas?

@ajw22 I marked up another document! The diagram they sent the sun shelf was on the wrong side so I colored that in and drew it on the correct side. You will step into the pool from the sunshelf and then step down into the shallow end from there.

Attachments

• Kearney2d_001 (1).jpg
    Kearney2d_001 (1).jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 6
Your prevailing winds are probably from the SouthWest.
  • Two skimmers - green
  • five returns - red
  • three lights - violet
See what you think.

Make sure you have enough depth on the wall of the sun shelf for returns and lights.

Kearney2d_001 (1).jpg

Suggest shallow end 4' water depth rather than 3'6". Also make sure they give you a depth profile design so you know exactly where the slope down to the deep end will start and finish and how much full 8' deep end space you will have (more is better with a diving board). Getting on the same page with the builder on this and making sure they stick to it can save alot of heartache down the road.

@ajw22 @PCR My builder sent me the attached tonight. We were going with the new microbrite lights which would require us to install more or do you think we should go with the larger ones, and use 3? As for depth, I think I am going to change the shallow end to 4' water depth. Everyone is tall in my family.

Attachments

• Kearney2d_002.jpg
    Kearney2d_002.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 13
@ajw22 @PCR My builder sent me the attached tonight. We were going with the new microbrite lights which would require us to install more or do you think we should go with the larger ones, and use 3?

Pentair guideline is 4 lumens per square foot of pool area. Microbrites are 500 lumens.

I estimate your pool is maybe 700-900 square feet without the sun shelf.

So 6 Microbrites ia about right.

The only concern would be some of the light are shining towards the house. But they may not be as glaring as more powerful lights.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

Regarding ladder in deep end mentioned in your first post - these aren't quite as common as they used to be. People tend to do swimouts or benches or sometimes a "safety ledge" to get out in the deep end. Do a search on here for swimout vs ladder or similar. Here is one thread
I think ladders are a little harder to use, and the swimouts give an extra place to sit and hang out in the deep end. Ladders also can hide algae and need to be removed to cover the pool for the winter. Swimouts can be within the outline of the pool or bump outside of it. Here are a few random images from a google search of swimout. I have two of the the double height benches like in the middle picture, and it works fine. The third pic is a vinyl liner pool. Just something to think about - nothing at all wrong with a ladder if that is what you want of course!
1655748156081.png
1655748288098.png
1655748625671.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.