New Pool in South Jersey opinions?

Allen was being gentle and diplomatic when he said-
the Globrite lights will not last more then a few years.

I'll be more blunt- STAY THE HECK AWAY from these things. They come with a propitiatory fixture that once installed can NOT allow for any other light but the *very* expensive GLOBRITE. And the Globrites ALL break down in about 3 yrs time. You'd be disappointed, I promise.

Just a few dozen posters who have Globrites-

Maddie 🇮🇹

I'll be more blunt- STAY THE HECK AWAY from these things. They come with a propitiatory fixture that once installed can NOT allow for any other light but the *very* expensive GLOBRITE. And the Globrites ALL break down in about 3 yrs time. You'd be disappointed, I promise
Well I certainly appreciate this info, is there a better bubbler I should ask for or am I better off just canning them all together?

Well I certainly appreciate this info, is there a better bubbler I should ask for or am I better off just canning them all together?
For what it's worth, I have two of the pentair colorvision bubblers on my sunshelf, and we really enjoy the bubbler and light features. My pool was finished at the end of the 2017 pool season so this is the fifth full season with the globrites. I did have one replaced early on because the builder broke it when they put it in. And I'm sure these won't last much longer before I have to replace based on everyone's experience with them. Then again, my pool is closed and the bubbler's capped off for 5-6 months per year so I suppose it makes sense I would get a little more longevity out of them than those folks in Texas, Florida etc that are open year around. All in all, I would get these, or some kind of lighted bubbler, again if I ever built another pool.

For what it's worth, I have two of the pentair colorvision bubblers on my sunshelf, and we really enjoy the bubbler and light features. My pool was finished at the end of the 2017 pool season so this is the fifth full season with the globrites. I did have one replaced early on because the builder broke it when they put it in. And I'm sure these won't last much longer before I have to replace based on everyone's experience with them. Then again, my pool is closed and the bubbler's capped off for 5-6 months per year so I suppose it makes sense I would get a little more longevity out of them than those folks in Texas, Florida etc that are open year around. All in all, I would get these, or some kind of lighted bubbler, again if I ever built another pool.
Thank you for the info, I have 5 kids and their friends are in and out and think we will enjoy them.

See above. Get the IntelliCenter if you are getting the water features.
I just got off with the builder who I really like but he seems very hesitant to give me the Intellicenter. I told him I plan on going with the bubblers and laminars and want to add a heater later and would like to have the newest system if I am spending this much money. He said he will get back to me, hopefully I get good news next week. At this point the pool wouldn't be opened until next spring, are the Intellicenter systems taking longer than this to get in?

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, I have 5 kids and their friends are in and out and think we will enjoy them.
Just as FYI, I've also seen referenced in forum posts here an adapter that will allow a microbrite to replace the globrite in the globrite niche, but this part number doesn't seem to be listed on the Pentair website.

Pentair MicroBrite to GloBrite Niche Adapter | 618040

But there is what seems to be a microbrite that includes a cord and that globrite adapter listed on various pool store sites and mentioned on the Pentair website

I'm keeping an eye on these so that when I do inevitably have to replace my bubbler lights, maybe I will be able to use a microbrite since people seem to say these are more reliable than globrites. I think!

But there is what seems to be a microbrite that includes a cord and that globrite adapter listed on various pool store sites and mentioned on the Pentair website
They have this listed on their website, I think I will ask for these from the beginning.

602166MicroBrite-G LightColor LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite NIche or Pentair ColorVision BubblerOne150’12VAvailable Through Dealer

My builder got me CMP "brilliant wonders" bubblers with the vinyl/fiberglass trim kit. Also got lights that work with my Hayward automation. They make a "p style" to work with pentair automation. Can't tell you how good/bad they are as they are still in a box in my garage with about 3000 other boxes (lol) waiting on a pool shell. But the lighting system they use is supposed to be way better than globrite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wanted to clarify for the OP, the differences in lights we are talking about. Looking back at the specs and the add ons, the PB has proposed....

1-Pentair Intellibright LED color change pool light
One Pentair GloBrite LED lighted bubbler--------------------------------------------$2,200
Two Pentair GloBrite LED lighted bubblers-------------------------------------------$2,800

The in wall light is supposed to the the Intellibrite, and the bubbler light is the Globrite.

To be clear, as a general recommendation, you do want to stay away from the Globrite line of lights for your IN WALL lights. They have a proprietary niche, and do not last long. They are an old light and one day, after many replacements, you will find you need to change and it will be really hard. The Intellibrite is a newer generation light (which the builder has listed), but, the newest, and best light from Pentair is the Microbrite. This is a standard socket for install, lasts longer, and easier to replace. And, you can even use after market lights in the same socket and a lot of them work with Pentair automation. At a minimum, I would ask the builder for the Microbrite.

For the bubbler, Pentair only has a "globrite" light in their line of lights pre-installed in their bubblers. They do not have a Microbrite as a line of lighting in their bubblers (looks like you may be able to retrofit from an above post). I just want to point out, that when most people say to stay away from Globrite, they do mean to stay away from the in wall version, but if you must install a Pentair bubbler, the Globrite is the only light option that comes in the bubbler. That being said, if you do want lighted bubblers, take a look at other, after market ones like @TX2OBX mentioned and see if they integrate with the Pentair automation. Some have also reported here that the color from the bubbler lights do not match exactly the colors from the other Pentair lights. There is a chart somewhere which lists the color temperature of each Pentair light, and for example, the red is not the same red from the different lights. Some have said they can not tell a difference, but your mileage may vary. You could also look at retrofitting a globrite bubbler with a microbrite, but that will get even more expensive, and not sure your builder would be up for the task based on your previous comments.

This is just my take, but if it were me, I would stick with the bubblers, and skip the lighted ones. I have two bubblers installed on my sun shelf, and actually are quite happy with them. I looked at the lighted version, but at the time, the expense was so high, but the non-lighted versions were reasonable, and glad we went that route. The reason I like them....

-The kids do love them.
-They are easy to control with my valves to adjust flow (each bubbler has a separate valve)
-They are so easy to turn on and off through the Intellicenter. My intellivalves can turn on or off with the automation so when I want them on, click, and when off, another click. Yes, they are noisy, and when I want peace in the pool, they are off, but for fun times, I do like them.
-They do help me increase my PH when needed. My pool tends to be stable with PH, but water features tend to increase some pools. When my water needs a little boost up, I don't need to use anything else except the bubblers (or my slide) for a little aeration to tweak the PH.
-I have three Microbrites in my pool walls, and do not notice any dark spots on the shelf without the bubblers lit
-The bubblers are one of the options we knew if we didn't do it when the pool was being built, then they were never going in

One other note on lighting.... One in wall light is not enough for that pool. When you settle in on the design, we can take a look, but would likely need three or four in wall lights (hopefully Microbrites) to properly light up that pool, regardless of bubbler lights.

Regarding automation, I agree with @ajw22
I suspect your PB is nudging you towards the stuff he can get.
a lot of PBs try to steer customers to their current stock, or something they can get easily. No one wants to build a pool with Intelliconnect, not really if there was a choice. That's why they are available easily. Some PBs also do not want to learn how to install an Intellicenter either, and can pass off cheaper automation to unsuspecting customers.

I really want the IC60, Intellicenter, and whatever the best pump is to go with this. I also do plan to add a heater down the road. Is there a certain package I should press for to be able to have all of this?
Then you should absolutely demand this for YOUR pool. This is not his pool, this is your pool and these are not unreasonable at all. What are we talking about here? Reasonable upgrades on pool products! Not some kind of outlandish design or structure upgrade, just stuff from Pentair, that's all!

The kit you probably want is this one...

Out of stock right now, but probably could be gotten somewhere before you need it in the spring. Other members on this forum have been installing the Intellicenter with their new builds, they can be had, they just take a while to get them, and of course a PB willing to work with their customer to get it and install it.

I am really struggling with the water features, worried if I don't get them, I will regret it and it will be near impossible to add them later.
I know the feeling, its a hard decision. A lot of people put the deck jets in, and then don't use them because of the noise, but you really have to decide this one. I liked the laminar's a little better that the jets, especially the lighter versions, but the cost is still high, and you do need to reconcile that in your own head, the value vs. what you will get.

One other note on lighting.... One in wall light is not enough for that pool. When you settle in on the design, we can take a look, but would likely need three or four in wall lights (hopefully Microbrites) to properly light up that pool, regardless of bubbler lights.
Thank you for taking the time to write all of this great info! I fully intend on going with all of the water and light features. Last night I read and read and read and I believe I want to ask the builder to purchase (2) Pentair Microbrite 4 Light Combo kits. This would give me (8) Microbrite lights. Then I want him to buy (2) Pentair Microbrite to Globrite/bubbler adapters. This would give me (6) Microbrites to put around the pool for lighting and (2) Microbrite lights inside the bubblers ensuring that they all sync and are the same color. Then we will be going with (4) Magic stream Laminars to place around the pool somehow. Now I am trying to figure out where I would place the (6) Microbrites inside the pool though. I have attached pictures of the Lagoon pool in my back yard. The pool will be going in the very back, laid out how you see it as that is my house in the background etc. The only thing this rendering does NOT have is the exterior sun shell they are going to build off of the pool, so those steps will be removed and there will be a sun shell coming off of it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Attachments

• Kearney_007.jpg
    Kearney_007.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Kearney_013.jpg
    Kearney_013.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Exterior sunshelf lagoon.jpg
    Exterior sunshelf lagoon.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Kearney_011.jpg
    Kearney_011.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Kearney_002.jpg
    Kearney_002.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
For the bubbler, Pentair only has a "globrite" light in their line of lights pre-installed in their bubblers. They do not have a Microbrite as a line of lighting in their bubblers (looks like you may be able to retrofit from an above post).

You have to buy the colovision bubbler niche and light separately - they don't come as a set. (See the Pentair website description of the Colorvision Bubbler - it's really the niche and cover only but not the light.) The table row jkearney30 quoted in post 27 and the Pool Supply Unlimited description of that item (link in post 26) both state that microbrite item can be installed in the colorvision bubbler niche. so it appears you would be able to buy a niche and a microbrite with an adapter included and just directly install that. It's worth a call to Pentair support to verify exactly what is available right now because the microbrite compatibility doesn't seem to be stated clearly in the Pentair website description of that microbrite but is stated in the PSU website description. The Pentair website description of the colorvision bubbler only lists the niche part number and states "purchase Globrite separately", so if it is possible to buy a bubbler niche and a Microbrite "G" light and have that work, Pentair certainly doesn't make it super obvious! If I remember some time this week, I'll call Pentair tech support with this question.

@PCR If you could call and ask I would Venmo you money to buy lunch! What you are stating is what I believe we can do by reading the Microbrite page on Pentair's website. They make it seem like you can buy a Microbrite-G bulb that comes with the adapter already on the bulb to go in the bubbler or you can buy a Microbrite bulb and then get the adapter separately and install it in the ColorVision Bubbler. You called out exactly what I want him to do. Install the Colorvision Bubbler Niche and then simply install the Microbrite-G bulbs inside.

@PCR If you could call and ask I would Venmo you money to buy lunch! What you are stating is what I believe we can do by reading the Microbrite page on Pentair's website. They make it seem like you can buy a Microbrite-G bulb that comes with the adapter already on the bulb to go in the bubbler or you can buy a Microbrite bulb and then get the adapter separately and install it in the ColorVision Bubbler. You called out exactly what I want him to do. Install the Colorvision Bubbler Niche and then simply install the Microbrite-G bulbs inside.
I will call this week and report back. No need for lunch money as I am very interested in this question for my own future needs too! :)

I will call this week and report back. No need for lunch money as I am very interested in this question for my own future needs too! :)
Thanks again!

My next question is how I should ask him to wire everything. When the construction manager was on site he said "I will wire everything together so they are all the same color all the time". I am not sure I want it that way... shouldn't I have the ability to have the bubblers be different colors, as well as the laminars, etc?

OK, I did find more on the Pentair website under the Microbrite specifications. I'm sorry - I missed this the first time I looked! I was looking in the Description text at the top, which didn't mention the Globrite compatibility, and this is down lower on the page. The Pentair website does say you should be able to do exactly what you want to do. The microbrites aren't quite as bright as the globrites, but I'd think they'd be fine for a bubbler. I haven't yet seen a picture of a microbrite in a colorvision bubbler, so I look forward to seeing what they look like in your pool so I know to get them when my globrites bite the dust :)

602167MicroBrite-GLightWarmWhite LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision BubblerOne150’12VAvailable Through Dealer
602165MicroBrite-G LightWhite LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair ColorVision BubblerOne150’12VAvailable Through Dealer
602166MicroBrite-G LightColor LED, for installation in Pentair GloBrite NIche or Pentair ColorVision BubblerOne150’12VAvailable Through Dealer
618040Adapter forMicroBrite to GloBriteAdapter allows a MicroBrite light to be installed into a Pentair GloBrite Niche or Pentair Colorvision Bubbler.Available Through Dealer

The 618040 MicroBrite-to-GloBrite adaptor installs onto any MicroBrite Light and allows it to be mounted into a GloBrite Niche or a ColorVision Bubbler.
The three versions of MicroBrite-G are just like normal MicroBrites, but they come with the 618040 adaptor pre-installed from the factory.
Pools built with GloBrite Niches and/or ColorVision Bubblers (containing GloBrites) now have the option to stay with GloBrites, or switch to MicroBrite-G.

Thanks again!

My next question is how I should ask him to wire everything. When the construction manager was on site he said "I will wire everything together so they are all the same color all the time". I am not sure I want it that way... shouldn't I have the ability to have the bubblers be different colors, as well as the laminars, etc?

Each group of lights you want to individually controlled needs to be wired to its own light transformer and each light transformer will require a relay in the IntelliCenter.

This is another reason the IntelliConenct will not work for you since it has only two high voltage relays and is not expandable.

The IntelliCenter is modular and expandable and you should plan out how many high voltage relays you need before ordering so you get the correct configuration.

Note that the Globrites and Microbrites have slightly different red LED colors and you may see the difference if you mix the lights and are picky.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.