New pool in central Houston

four cascading steps across the short/house side?
That would be very pretty BUT it will eat up quite a bit of "swim" area in the pool. You know best how your pool will be used. If you have anyone that likes to SWIM aka crawl stroke and such they will not be able to SWIM the full length of the pool if the steps go all the way across that short, house end. BUT if it going to be more of a social pool with people floating around and chatting then the full steps will be purrfect because people will sit on the steps at different heights depending on how deep they want to be in the water while they chat.

Oh I just thought of an idea. I am going to use me poor paintshop skills to show you a couple of ideas.

LOVE how you describe your dog! I could say the same about ours only he is 90 lbs of love!

Kim:kim:

Picture of pool.jpg

I shaded out your old steps then drew in what I was seeing in my head. You could make the shelf and steps wider if you wanted to. I would not go much past half way across the short side though to save the swim zone.

Thoughts after reading the above post and seeing what I drew. Again you will NOT hurt my feelings if you do not like it. Just tell me what you do and do not like about your old steps and these new ones so I know what direction to go in next.

Just curious if you got some other quotes from different PB. I live in Sugar Land and that seems pretty high especially without a spa and small amount of deckIng. Could be just me. This time of year PB’s are slow and really need work. They typically are willing to do more for less. Also as a fellow Houstonian is highly recommend a Chiller unless you like swimming in 95 degree water June-September.

Just curious if you got some other quotes from different PB. I live in Sugar Land and that seems pretty high especially without a spa and small amount of deckIng. Could be just me. This time of year PB’s are slow and really need work. They typically are willing to do more for less. Also as a fellow Houstonian is highly recommend a Chiller unless you like swimming in 95 degree water June-September.
I think the cost is higher than typical for such a simple pool because of the automatic pool cover. But admittedly I basically met with a few pool builders, found one I liked, and then added the pool cover. PM me if you have recommendations!

View attachment 124379

I shaded out your old steps then drew in what I was seeing in my head. You could make the shelf and steps wider if you wanted to. I would not go much past half way across the short side though to save the swim zone.

Thoughts after reading the above post and seeing what I drew. Again you will NOT hurt my feelings if you do not like it. Just tell me what you do and do not like about your old steps and these new ones so I know what direction to go in next.

I'm a little concerned that somebody will step off the shelf and sort of knock against the stairs, but maybe that is paranoia? I wonder if I changed the shallow depth to 4.5 if that would make it a little better for lap swimming on the one side.

If you put tile markers on the edge of the shelf and steps that should take care of that concern. You could also put some along the shelf under the water in the no step side to help it stand out more when under the water. I understand your worry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.