zsallstrom

Jul 16, 2022
Texas
My pool was completed about 30 days ago. After plaster pool was acid washed and then filled but I didn’t had sod installed at the time and Texas Red Dirt Top soil got in the pool in large amounts.

Per PB instruction, I brushed about 5 times a day towards center drain and got lots of the dirt out. However, there is now pretty significant staining In the Pebble Sheen. A closer look shows the plaster in between pebbles has taken in the dirt color. No amount of brushing or anything is working to remove these stains.

I’ve tried Leslie’s stain remover without success. Tried to pub a chlorine tab on a spot and brush with wire brush; no luck. Was told to drop PH down very low and brush like heck for three days but I want to make sure that will work before taking on that project.

Please help! I spent way too much money on this pool to have it looking like this!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 9.22.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 9.22.50 AM.png
    568.6 KB · Views: 38
  • View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    824.5 KB · Views: 38
Welcome to TFP!

I’d be concerned about metal staining and would try other options before messing with the pH.

Is your brush plastic or stainless?

I’d suggest you try lightly scrubbing a stained area with a vitamin C tablet for a few minutes to see if it changes the staining.

Welcome to TFP!

I’d be concerned about metal staining and would try other options before messing with the pH.

Is your brush plastic or stainless?

I’d suggest you try lightly scrubbing a stained area with a vitamin C tablet for a few minutes to see if it changes the staining.
I had a plastic brush that I was using. I just purchased a stainless one to use but haven’t yet.

I’m sure the stains have come from the dirt as this is how much I had in the pool prior to getting most out.

You can see the steps I covered and that’s from the vacuum doing it’s job and getting a lot up.

Attachments

• View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 26
The origin of the stain may be the dirt, but red dirt is usually red because of iron, and the iron can stain a pool surface in a way that might be easy to remove. The vitamin C tablet will tell you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.