New pool. Continuous warnings of low t cell temp due to winter temps. Pool company says it's normal?

deelowe

Aug 15, 2020
Atlanta Georgia
Just checking here as sometimes I don't get the most reliable info from the pool company. Is it normal to be getting "low t-cell temperature" warnings every night? They said it's simply b/c of the low outside temperatures and not to worry about it. They added a chlorine bobber to the pool to compensate. Of course, the reason for the alert makes total sense and I understand what's going on, but I just want to check here that there's not more to this. I find it odd that my system would complain so much about this if it's to be expected during the winter months. Like, I don't know... should the chlorinator not be enabled when it's cold out or something like that? Again, total noob here, but I'm slowly learning.

I'm down the road from you..... night time temps have been in high 20s low 30s. No Salt water cell is going to work in cold water like this, most stop working when water temps hit 50-60°. I just turn mine off and treat the pool with liquid chlorine. It doesn't get used up very fast and its not often that I have to add it.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'm down the road from you..... night time temps have been in high 20s low 30s. No Salt water cell is going to work in cold water like this, most stop working when water temps hit 50-60°. I just turn mine off and treat the pool with liquid chlorine. It doesn't get used up very fast and its not often that I have to add it.

Maddie :flower:
At what temperature does it stop working? And when you say you don’t add it often, what does that mean? Every other day? Once a week?

Each cell has its own cut off point, whether its 50° or 60° water temps, you'll usually figure it out when you're getting error messages or your FC is dropping....
My FC in the winter can last almost a month because I have an autocover. When the cover is open, the FC in winter can last almost 2 weeks. I test very infrequently but have never tested and found zero FC. I use liquid chlorine to top off when needed.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.