1- planning to use glass instead of sand with the filter
2- i will get SWG from another brand

CircuPool Universal (UL25 or UL40)

3- i will look for professional installer not my self.​

Circupool Universal SWG is fine.

What pump are you getting?

Will you hard pipe all the plumbing?

Reactions: madwolfpool
The list looks good! Don't forget to get a good test kit and have it handy for start up. Since you are in NJ, look into an Aquador winter skimmer plate:Aquador Widemouth Above Ground Winter Skimmer Plate Kit 1010 You need to close the pool and this is very handy. I used to put a plastic plate on our non widemouth skimmer, this makes it much simpler; you'll want the installers to put this frame on vs the Hayward frame. Also will need one of these for winterizing: Threaded Winterizing Plug for Standard Return Youll pull the return eyeball out and stick this in it's place. I know winter is a long time away but the skimmer frame should be done on install and with the plug you will be ready for closing the pool.

Sand should last forever, stick with what has worked. There is a procedure to clean the sand in the filter: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter I haven't done it yet but ill be doing it before I open the pool.

Make sure you have the needed stuff when the pool is filled - test the fill water and buy accordingly, read the Pool School section to see what you may need. You'll need stabilizer for the chlorine to not be destroyed by the sun, this can be purchased ahead of time.

The list looks good! Don't forget to get a good test kit and have it handy for start up. Since you are in NJ, look into an Aquador winter skimmer plate:Aquador Widemouth Above Ground Winter Skimmer Plate Kit 1010 You need to close the pool and this is very handy. I used to put a plastic plate on our non widemouth skimmer, this makes it much simpler; you'll want the installers to put this frame on vs the Hayward frame. Also will need one of these for winterizing: Threaded Winterizing Plug for Standard Return Youll pull the return eyeball out and stick this in it's place. I know winter is a long time away but the skimmer frame should be done on install and with the plug you will be ready for closing the pool.

Sand should last forever, stick with what has worked. There is a procedure to clean the sand in the filter: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter I haven't done it yet but ill be doing it before I open the pool.

Make sure you have the needed stuff when the pool is filled - test the fill water and buy accordingly, read the Pool School section to see what you may need. You'll need stabilizer for the chlorine to not be destroyed by the sun, this can be purchased ahead of time.
thank you again for the advice as usual i will add them, what test kit you recommend ?

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Although I have an 18" filter and single speed pump, I agree bigger and 2 speed is better. For the price difference it will probably save you money on electricity paying for itself in a short period of time.

I agree with @ajw22 on the test kit, you get a lot of stuff for the money. The Taylor version is good as well but the quantities you get in the one mentioned is quite a bit more. In case your planning on running out and buying supplies, be careful with the salt you pick up - quite a few people had issues with the Morton brand of pool salt last year. I forget if the Clorox brand had issues but the Diamond Crystal Naturals solar salt: Diamond Crystal® Solar Naturals® Water Softener Salt Crystals | Diamond Crystal® Salt had a lot of people satisfied, I used it myself and it was clean. Pool salt and water softener salt are interchangeable as long as you get the pure water softener salt, no additional chemicals. One word of advice from experience - do NOT buy too much of anything especially liquid chlorine! I bought a 4 pack of "startup" chlorine from BJs last year and it lasted me almost the whole season. This year I'm starting with one bottle and add to that if need be.

Keep asking questions and learn before the pool goes up, once you start doing and get the hang of it it'll become second nature. I screwed up the salt in my pool last year (1st year owning a salt system) and couldn't use the system I bought all season. I expected the salt to act like all the other chemicals and it didn't ... I'm hoping this year will be different! At least the cell will last forever at that rate! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Although I have an 18" filter and single speed pump, I agree bigger and 2 speed is better. For the price difference it will probably save you money on electricity paying for itself in a short period of time.

I agree with @ajw22 on the test kit, you get a lot of stuff for the money. The Taylor version is good as well but the quantities you get in the one mentioned is quite a bit more. In case your planning on running out and buying supplies, be careful with the salt you pick up - quite a few people had issues with the Morton brand of pool salt last year. I forget if the Clorox brand had issues but the Diamond Crystal Naturals solar salt: Diamond Crystal® Solar Naturals® Water Softener Salt Crystals | Diamond Crystal® Salt had a lot of people satisfied, I used it myself and it was clean. Pool salt and water softener salt are interchangeable as long as you get the pure water softener salt, no additional chemicals. One word of advice from experience - do NOT buy too much of anything especially liquid chlorine! I bought a 4 pack of "startup" chlorine from BJs last year and it lasted me almost the whole season. This year I'm starting with one bottle and add to that if need be.

Keep asking questions and learn before the pool goes up, once you start doing and get the hang of it it'll become second nature. I screwed up the salt in my pool last year (1st year owning a salt system) and couldn't use the system I bought all season. I expected the salt to act like all the other chemicals and it didn't ... I'm hoping this year will be different! At least the cell will last forever at that rate! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
to be honest as far i think about salt system i think it will be hard to manage especially for someone who never had pool or any kind of knowledge in that. i think it will take me time to learn everything and put everything in place. trying my best to get a good build from the beginning as far i can afford to have the best options for my budget.

i think it will take me time to learn everything and put everything in place
We got you in the meantime. Never hesitate to ask if you're unsure of something. If you goof we could get several things to fix, and don't worry, we'll help there too.

But it's better for all parties to only have one fish to fry. So ask. :)

A pool is a very easy thing to take care of, the people here will help you. My experience with the salt was because I had a pre conceived idea on how easy it will be to get the salt correct because I have 20 years experience taking care of a pool.