New Pool Build with New Pool Owners (concrete done, NOT IMPRESSED!)

Steel is in! Does anyone know why they put our skimmer box offset from the center of that end of the pool, this whole design has been about symmetry and so it looks odd to me, but I don't know if there is a logical functional reason to doing this?
Steel in.jpgsteel basket.jpg

I got one from Marina Pool Spa & Patio order on February 20th got it last week. This is what I got, 521905 Pentair IntelliCenter i5P with IC40. Give them a call they may have more. And a fair price!
Good luck
Bo

Reactions: JHUB
Plumbing is going in and I cant help but wonder if this is normal? It just seems like an excessive amount of 90 degree elbows to me but I am no pool plumbing expert and maybe there is a reason for it or its just the norm in the pool plumbing industry? Also there is what looks like some kind of manifold that feeds the air lines to the jets in p1 photo, is there a reason this is so high above the rebar? Can someone chime in?

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 43
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 43
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 43
Hi All,
I have seen some plumbing jobs that the experts here say is not correct and some they say are and I honestly have a hard time telling the difference, so I am putting pictures of the equipment pad they just plumbed in at my install to get all your opinions before things get set in stone literally.
Also what is the view of sacrificial anodes here on TFP, I asked my plumber about them and he looked at me like I was speaking another language.

Thank you all this forum has been an incredible help.

John

Attachments

• pe1.jpg
    pe1.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 48
  • pe2.jpg
    pe2.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 48
  • pe3.jpg
    pe3.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 48
John,

I don't see any major issues with your plumbing.. You don't really need the check valve after the heater and before you SWCG, but it won't hurt anything.

A few extra 90's will not hurt anything as most of the time you will be running at a low rpm anyway.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JHUB
John,

I don't see any major issues with your plumbing.. You don't really need the check valve after the heater and before you SWCG, but it won't hurt anything.

A few extra 90's will not hurt anything as most of the time you will be running at a low rpm anyway.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim! Always appreciate your expertise!

Here is after Shotcrete, now the watering begins, I feel like at the rate I am watering this shell I may have the pool filled in a week, I heard the wetter the better but maybe I am taking it too far.

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 55
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 58
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 54
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 55
Today they are wiring the pool and until today I thought I was getting Pentair Microbright lights in the pool and spa, I noticed they were installing Jandy lights. I asked the PB about this and he said the jandy will provide more light then the microbrights and work exactly the same with my intellicenter. IS this true? Thanks all!

Calling on concrete experts. Is this normal to have this many pits/bird baths/rust spots? We did top cast 01 finish.
John

Attachments

• con1.jpg
    con1.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 46
  • con2.jpg
    con2.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 48
  • con3.jpg
    con3.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 49
  • con4.jpg
    con4.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 48
  • con5.jpg
    con5.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 46
  • con6.jpg
    con6.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 41
  • con7.jpg
    con7.jpg
    891.4 KB · Views: 44

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.