New Pool Build - South Florida

Looks awesome. Pretty cool you can hang out on the sun shelf and see the lake.

In the event you are looking for a bit of feedback, I'd consider having them core 2 umbrella holes in the sun shelf before they plaster. I have 1 umbrella hole and wish I had 2.

Also, have you considered a heater or heat pump? Passing on a heater/heat pump was my single biggest pool regret. Not too late if you don't mind spending the money.

Looks awesome. Pretty cool you can hang out on the sun shelf and see the lake.

In the event you are looking for a bit of feedback, I'd consider having them core 2 umbrella holes in the sun shelf before they plaster. I have 1 umbrella hole and wish I had 2.

Also, have you considered a heater or heat pump? Passing on a heater/heat pump was my single biggest pool regret. Not too late if you don't mind spending the money.
yea we kind of considered heater but being in south florida idk how important it really is? also the cost kinda put us off and thats kinda one thing that seems to be addable down the road if we want so for now we had to keep the cost down a bit (already got hit with a 12K demucking add-on so glad we did!)

Here you go!

Reactions: Ryanrichard25
Here you go!

nice... not finished yet? i dont see the final pics in there!

We put a heater in ours. I know it sounds ridiculous having a pool heater in South Florida, but the water does get pretty cold in the colder months. Since I did an owner/builder, the added expense wasn't as much as the markup that most pool builders add.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
like all that progress and they just stopped? like whats the reasoning they just say they are busy ? im confused why a builder would just stop for that long and want to avoid that for sure!
They keep picking up new work, they already have your morney, and are not willing to invest in other subs to finish their work because they already work with good/cheap subs. Something like that I assume

finished up adding sand to piping and electricians came to run conduit for pool light... found out I'll need to add a subpanel as my breaker box is full.

hopefully plumbing inspection tomorrow

IMG_5253.jpg
IMG_5251.jpg
IMG_5272.jpg
IMG_5273.jpg
IMG_5274.jpg

should i worry that the sand isnt like perfectly all over/under the pipes? i figure if anything after inspection i can scoop some more in there.

also does everyone just have 1 ground line copper wire thats bare running from one end of pool to end of electrical run? thought it was weird its just laying there but seems to be on purpose of course

They have to leave the sand like that for inspection. After inspection they should (make sure they do) cover it all with clean sand. The sand is there to protect it from the backfill that's filled with larger rocks that might chip the pipes. I would go back there and make sure that the bottom side of the pipes are completely filled with sand and they're not hanging.

Regarding the copper wire, yes, that's normal. That's the bonding wire that has to go around the whole pool. There should be a wire going around and connect to 4 points in the pool and then from each light.

It should look something like this:

7236904-A-9-ED5-4-A2-A-BEAF-74-C58973-BEF2.jpg

E0-B4546-A-61-B9-425-B-A49-F-CB483-A3-D7-CD0.jpg

441-B6765-28-BF-41-ED-A4-DA-A429-D7-ECA233.jpg

plumbing inspection passed today, but apparently electric inspection is waiting on them to put the light in the pool? oh well hopefully tomorrow

Yeah, the lights have to be in to fully pass the rough electrical inspection. I opted to pay for a re-inspection fee to not put the lights on until the end. My reasoning for that was that I didn't want to lights in there while there were a lot of people around and have to worry about them scratching it and possibly damaging it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.