New Pool Build - South Florida

Ryanrichard25

Feb 9, 2020
South Florida
did some palm shopping today, gutters were installed, waiting on pool company to clean up yard so we can landscape and replace fence get plastering! probably a solid 2 weeks left though at least :(

IMG_5560.jpg
IMG_5564.jpg
IMG_5565.jpg

Ryanrichard25

Feb 9, 2020
South Florida
not much to update now were crawling along though.... trees were installed, inside of pool was cleaned out and i had to put up fence/gate/window alarms... should have inspection this week then HOPEFULLY if everything passes maybe plaster next week

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

InkedIMG_5592_LI.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JHCB

mlggator

Jul 18, 2020
Carlsbad, CA
Your pool is and yard is going to be beautiful when done. I love the palms you choose and the pavers. Seeing your pics makes me miss Florida. I am a Florida transplant now living in SoCal.

Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Reactions: Ryanrichard25

SwimmingGator

Dec 6, 2017
Miami, FL
sprinklers almost done... sod halfway done...

tomorrows our big inspection day - fence/alarm/etc - if we pass, we can plaster next week!
Wow...sod!!! I'm almost more excited to lay down the sod than I am for my first swim. Haha. But with all the South Florida summer rains, I just now I'll get the sod in during dry season and it'll be a daily struggle.

Ryanrichard25

Feb 9, 2020
South Florida
Wow...sod!!! I'm almost more excited to lay down the sod than I am for my first swim. Haha. But with all the South Florida summer rains, I just now I'll get the sod in during dry season and it'll be a daily struggle.
trust me i know! the mud was getting soooo annoying

so we needed 6 full pallets of sod - and still need about a half pallet to finish up the side of the house!

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Ryanrichard25

Feb 9, 2020
South Florida
PB mentioned we dont need to wait 30 days for salt because "its a light colored plaster, thats only for dark colors" - but everything i read says we should wait 30? do i push them on this or is that kind of a general good thing to do but not really a big deal if u do before 30 days? just seems weird as this isnt some new PB, theyve been around here like 30 years, very well known, highly rated?

Ryanrichard25

Feb 9, 2020
South Florida
Nice build!!! How much did you pay for the palm trees?
Paid $300 each for the royals (bout 4ft of trunk) and $200 each for the Foxtails

$250 for the triple christmas palms and $125 for the robelini palm

then about the same for each installation (the royals and foxtails needed bobcats/excavators, the others were hand planted)

Reactions: SwimmingGator