New pool build - Owner-builder

I think the 2 vs 3 is just more pebbles. I’m not sure if you are aware, the Puerto Rico Blend already has glass beads in it. These are just pre measured blends. You have the option to add anything you want to the blend, such as more glass.

Here is a photo after acid wash. 5307A0B9-4E2B-403C-8E8C-A079053D38A3.jpeg

Reactions: chemillion
BaseCrete also serves as a bonding agent so the adhesion to the plaster is actually stronger than just the mechanical grip the shotcrete provides
Ok. This is what I pulled from the BaseCrete USA website... Looks like it outlines the steps and products required. When using Basecrete as a waterproofer and bonding agent, is the Hydroban or RedGaurd still recommended or can be omitted.

Where can I purchase BaseCrete??

Attachments

• Pool Shell System Guide 1 - basecrete.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • pool diagrams.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Ok. This is what I pulled from the BaseCrete USA website... Looks like it outlines the steps and products required. When using Basecrete as a waterproofer and bonding agent, is the Hydroban or RedGaurd still recommended or can be omitted.

Where can I purchase BaseCrete??
Correct, the other waterproofing can be omitted unless you're using some high-end glass tile that specifically calls for a certain waterproofing agent and / or method. But that really only comes into play If you're looking to maintain the manufacturer's warranty on the tile - which really only covers replacing the tile anyway.

Reactions: chemillion
Correct, the other waterproofing can be omitted unless you're using some high-end glass tile that specifically calls for a certain waterproofing agent and / or method. But that really only comes into play If you're looking to maintain the manufacturer's warranty on the tile - which really only covers replacing the tile anyway.
Where can I get the BaseCrete? Doesn't look like HD or local hardware store has it. Maybe a Thompson's or Building Supply Store?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe they will be filling the pool today after the acid wash and it will take about a day and a half to fill. My PB will be back on Friday to test all the equipment if that’s what you mean by start up.
What I think of startup is chemical + system and making sure everything is balanced.
Your plaster looks really nice! Would love to see when filled with water!! Hope you enjoy your new pool!!!!

Reactions: OGSW20
Just a reminder that once you start filling the pool do NOT stop the fill no matter what! If you do, you risk a line developing where you paused the fill. Its only cosmetic but it is not something you'll want to see.

Maddie :flower:

Here is the pool filled, one picture is just before noon and the second picture is around 2pm. I'll try to take some more pictures and add them in as the day gets later.

*Edit* 3rd picture is at 10:30am with partial shade and 4th picture is 10am with overcast

Attachments

• 08152019_1.jpg
    08152019_1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 08152019_2.jpg
    08152019_2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 08172019_1.jpg
    08172019_1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 08192019_1.jpg
    08192019_1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Reactions: debuda
Thanks for the reply. What is potential for failure and what do you think options are at this point?

Builder is stating that it's normal and wants to see after acid wash tomorrow. Said will be covered after adding water.

Sounds like a load of BS.
The plaster isn't adhered in those areas or there's an air pocket behind it. He is right that it is somewhat normal but that's an awful lot of them and those are areas that you could end up with a delamination. Take a screwdriver and tap the handle against those spots and see if it sounds hollow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.