New pool build - Owner-builder

The plaster isn't adhered in those areas or there's an air pocket behind it. He is right that it is somewhat normal but that's an awful lot of them and those are areas that you could end up with a delamination. Take a screwdriver and tap the handle against those spots and see if it sounds hollow
Just checked the largest of the bubbles and they don't sound hollow to me.

Not sure what to do from here. I feel like this is going to cause trouble down the road.

We had the acid wash today and pool is being filled.

I have pictures so if there is a delamination I can at least back it up for warranty.

If this is visible with water I am inclined to try to make him replaster....or at least fight for it.

You think there is a case for replaster for cosmetics?

Sooo...

Had plaster put in today....looked great early on but now noticed these warts... could be the way the light hits it. Anyone encounter this before??

I did not notice that in my plaster. Hopefully its not going to cause trouble down the line. What color did you end up going with? Tropics Blue? Can't wait to see how it looks filled. I added a new photo to my previous post for a 10:30am shot with partial shade and our sheer descents running.

Went with tropics blue. Pool filled looks awesome! It's more blue green than I expected but I like it. Cant notice the warts anymore so hopefully they will do the same thing functionally.

Dont have great sun or shade pics to share becuase I put up a sun shade so we dont have to use constant sunscreen.

Attached one that shows some sun and some shade...

Attachments

• image000000_05.jpg
    image000000_05.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: OGSW20
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.